Established in the year 2012, Religare Health Insurance Company Limited is a specialized healthcare insurer. Its product line includes protection against Critical diseases, personal accidents, Top-up Coverage, Overseas Travel Insurance and Maternity along with Group insurance policies (Health Insurance and Personal Accident) for corporates.
Part of Religare Enterprises Limited (REL), it continuously strives towards excellent customer experience through effective leveraging of technology, product innovation and cost-effective solutions.
Recognitions received by Religare Health Insurance Plan
- Adjudged as the “Best Health Insurance” provider by ABP News (BFSI Awards)
- Claims Service Leader for the year at the Insurance India Summit & Awards
- Editor’s Choice Award for Best Product Innovation by Finnoviti
- Awarded as the Best Medical Insurance Product at the FICCI Healthcare platform
Why should you choose Religare for your health insurance plan needs?
- They have healthcare in their blood
The team at Religare has more than ten years of professional experience in the healthcare ecosystem. Religare’s promoters are also the brainchild behind leading healthcare institutes such as SRL Diagnostics, Fortis Hospitals and Religare Wellness.
- Widespread Hospital Network
Religare’s patrons can choose to avail high-quality cashless treatment from over 16500 healthcare providers spread across the length and breadth of the country.
- Zero intermediaries
At Religare, the team understands the emotional turbulence their customers are in when faced with health issues. Hence, whenever there is a claim, they ensure that there is no intermediary involved in the process and attend to the claim request personally. This not only ensures a faster response time but also makes their valued customers feel more at ease.
- Best-in-class products
Their product line echoes Lincoln’s thoughts – “of the people, by the people, for the people”. They offer best-in-class healthcare products and services. Annual health checkups, the flexibility of availing treatments from anywhere across the globe, you name it and they have it!
- Quick Turnaround Time
Religare understands the importance of time, especially in crisis situations. With a Claim Settlement Ratio of 95.2%, the company promises a 2-hour claim procedure when availing of the cashless facility.
Plans offered by Religare Health
Religare offers plans in the below-mentioned categories.
- Fixed Benefit
In a Health Insurance policy, the insurer guarantees to compensate for medical expenses when the insured needs medical treatment (illness or accident) or hospitalization.
Why do you need health insurance?
Health is wealth and when health deteriorates, so does wealth. Medical treatment costs are exponentially increasing day by day, especially in private hospitals and nursing homes. Health insurance not only helps one to cover these expenses but also brings down the stress in such medical catastrophes. Health insurance has become a necessity these days, especially when one has aged parents or young kids in the family. It should form a crucial part of one’s financial planning and funds allocation.
The premium for health insurance or Mediclaim is a small investment for a peaceful and healthy life.
Health Plans offered by Religare
- Religare Care Health Insurance Plan
This is a comprehensive health insurance policy that meets the healthcare needs of individuals and families. In addition to covering the usual hospitalization (including domiciliary, pre-hospitalization and post-care) expenses, it provides a host of other benefits to the policyholders.
Key Features of Religare Care Health Insurance Plan:
- Up to Rs. 6 Crores of the sum insured with the option to renew the policy throughout the lifetime of the policyholder.
- Wide network of more than 16,500 healthcare providers spread across the country.
- No pre-requisite of medical checkups – for cases wherein the sum insured is below Rs. 25 lakhs and the age of the insured is not above 50 years.
- The facilityy of auto recharge of sum insured if the claim amount exceeds the coverage. This is done at zero additional cost.
- Worldwide cover for 12 critical ailments
- Additional benefits for NCB (No Claim Bonus) such as 1.5x sum insured
- Preventive health checkups on an annual basis, irrespective of claim history
- Hassle-free and cashless claim settlement. It has the best settlement ratio (92%) in the industry.
- Covers expenses incurred during organ donation
- Covers non-allopathic treatments including Ayurveda, Homeopathy, Unani and Sidha.
- Flexibility to add riders as per one’s needs. For example, air ambulance cover, international second opinion.
Policy Exclusions of Religare Care Health Insurance Plan:
- Any diagnosis or surgery whose symptoms are first seen within the waiting period i.e. 30 days of the start date of the Care policy.
- Expenses due to any injury inflicted by self, including attempted suicide.
- Expenses due to consumption or usage of alcohol, drugs or other such substances.
- Treatment of venereal diseases such as AIDS
- Birth or congenital disease
- Maternity related expenses. It includes miscarriage, abortion, childbirth, infertility treatment and in vitro fertilization.
- Hospitalization expenses as a result of war, communal riots, strikes, nuclear attacks, etc.
Policy Terms and Conditions of Religare Care Health Insurance Plan:
Care Plus – Youth Health Insurance Plan
- The insured should be at least 91 days old. There is no bar on the upper age limit.
- The policy has the facility of lifelong renewability. It can be renewed as per the then applicable Health Insurance policy (or available alternative approved by the IRDA)
- No co-payment is required if the age of the oldest member at the time of taking the first policy is less than 61 years. Else, 20% of the claim amount needs to be borne by the insured.
- The policy has a waiting period of 30 days. During this period no illness or hospitalization claims are entertained apart from those caused by an accidental injury.
- For pre-existing ailments, the waiting period is four years of uninterrupted coverage.
- The sum insured can be increased only at the renewal stage. A grace period of 30 days (after the policy end date) is provided to renew the policy and consider it as continuous coverage.
Care Plus-Youth Health Insurance Plan is the most comprehensive health insurance policy for youth. Considering the rising medical costs and financial constraints, opting for health insurance at an early age helps individuals reap enormous benefits in the long run. The plan covers all medical bills incurred for the treatment of youngsters from an early age.
Main Features of Care Plus-Youth Health Insurance Plan
- Care Plus-Youth Health Insurance Plan is available on an individual and family floater basis.
- The plan covers in-patient’s medical expenses for individuals hospitalized more than 24 hours comprising:
- All charges with regard to Nursing, room, and boarding, oxygen, ICU, anesthesia, medicines, drugs, OT, surgical appliances, diagnostic equipment, surgeons fee, doctor’s fee, and medical practitioners fee.
- Care Plus-Youth Health Insurance Plan covers all medical expenses sustained in daycare treatment. This refers to a total of 541 treatments that require less than 24 hours of hospitalization. Treatment includes Cataract, dialysis, chemotherapy, etc up to sum insured.
- The plan covers all hospital expenses for modern/new age specialized treatment technology.
- The plan offers an annual health checkup for every insured member once in a policy year.
- New age benefit covers all accident coverage of the main insured member, access to health portals, covers all OPD expenses, unlimited e-consultation with doctors and medical practitioners.
- Early completion of the waiting period without any health concerns.
- Besides offering inflation-proof coverage each year, the plan has optimal benefits of increasing policy coverage.
- Care Plus-Youth Health Insurance Plan features unlimited recharge even on related illnesses.
- The plan offers maternity and newborn coverage as well.
- Automatic recharge in case the sum insured is exhausted during long hospitalization or multiple hospitalizations at a time.
- The plan offers cashless treatment facilities at hospitals along with incredible tax benefits.
Eligibility Parameters of Care Plus-Youth Health Insurance Plan
Care Plus – The Complete Health Insurance Plan
Any Individual: 5 years (the age of the proposer must be 18 or above)
Floater: 91 days with at least 1 member of age 18 and above.
Type of Policy
Individual (maximum up to 6 persons) as well as Floater
1, 2 or 3 years
Starting from Rs. 3 lakh to Rs. 25 lakh
Waiting Period Pre-Existing Diseases
Pre-acceptance Medical Screening
Care Plus – The Complete Health Insurance Plan is designed for individuals with no upper age limit. Considering unwanted and unusual medical circumstances in the long run, it is advised to invest in this health insurance to keep yourself and your family safe for a lifetime. This plan with no upper age limit assists individuals to make the most use of it when they actually need it.
Main Features of Care Plus – The Complete Health Insurance Plan
- Care Plus – The Complete Health Insurance Plan is accessible on an individual and family floater basis.
- The health insurance plan covers all in-patient medical expenses for individuals hospitalized over 24 hours. This is to ensure stress-free treatment. It includes
- All expenses comprising the boarding, room, nursing, ICU, oxygen, anesthesia, drugs, medicines, diagnostic equipment, OT, surgical appliances, doctor’s fee, surgeons fee, and medical practitioners charges.
- Care Plus – The Complete Health Insurance Plan covers each medical expense incurred in daycare treatment. The daycare treatments do not involve 24 hours of hospitalization. This refers to a total of 541 treatments including chemotherapy, Cataract, dialysis, etc up to the total sum insured.
- The plan covers 6 family members under one policy.
- The plan covers all of the pre and post-hospital expenses. It also covers advanced technology methods under its policy.
- Quick completion of a long waiting period without any health concerns in terms of pre-existing diseases.
- The plan provides extensive coverage to you and your family during health/medical emergencies.
- Modern benefits cover access to health portals, unlimited e-consultation with medical practitioners, OPD expenses, and accident coverage up to the sum insured for the primary insured member.
- The plan features unlimited recharge on related illnesses besides offering newborn and maternity coverage.
- The plan facilitates cashless treatment at hospitals along with brilliant tax benefits.
Eligibility Parameters of Care Plus – The Complete Health Insurance Plan
Care Advantage Health Insurance Plan
Minimum entry age:
- Individual: 36 years (the age of the proposer should be 18 years or above)
- Floater: 91 days with at least 1 member of age 36 years and above.
Type of Policy
- Individual and Floater Basis
1, 2 or 3 years
Beginning from INR 3 lakh to INR 25 lakh
Pre-acceptance Medical Screening
Being an ideal health insurance policy, Care Advantage Health Insurance Plan helps you avail of quality medical treatment when you require it the most. The plan is a comprehensive health policy offering high and captivating sums insured up to INR 1 crore. The Care Advantage Health Insurance Plan helps you and your loved ones sail through all sudden and hefty medical bills. Simply put, the policy covers all hospitalization and treatment costs up to the sum insured for you and your family.
Main Features of Care Advantage Health Insurance Plan
- Care Advantage Health Insurance Plan is obtainable on an individual and family floater basis.
- The Policy covers all in-patient’s hospitalization expenses including pre-hospitalization (30 days) post-hospitalization (60 days) medical expenses cover for patients admitted in hospitals for over 24 consecutive hours including:
- All expenses covering room, oxygen, medicines, nursing, boarding ICU, diagnostic equipment, Anesthetist, drugs, surgical appliances, OT, medical practitioners fees, etc.
- The Care Advantage Health Insurance Plan covers every medical expense incurred in daycare treatment. This comprises a total of 540+ treatments that need less than 24 consecutive hours of hospitalization.
- Automatic reinstate of the entire sum insured in case it is exhausted during long or multiple hospitalizations at a time.
- All medical expenses incurred in case of organ donor for organ harvesting operation.
- The Care Advantage Health Insurance Plan features an unlimited recharge/lifetime renewability on related illnesses.
- The plan provides all cashless treatment facilities at more than 7900 hospitals across India along with an incredible emergency ambulance facility.
- Exceptional tax benefits under section 80 D.
- No claim the bonus by increasing your sum insured by 10% up to a maximum of 50% in 5 consecutive years cheering for good health.
Eligibility Parameters of Care Advantage Health Insurance Plan
Care Classic Health Insurance Plan
- Individuals: 5 years
- Floater Policy: 91 days with at least 1 member of age 18 and above.
Type of Policy
Individual and Family Floater Basis
1, 2 or 3 years
Ranging from 25 Lakhs, 50 Lakhs to 1 Crore
- Initial: 30 days from any illness
- Named ailment: 24 months of continued coverage
- Pre-Existing disease: 48 months of continued coverage
- Grace period: 30 days from the date of expiry
Pre-acceptance Medical Screening
Not Required for individuals up to 50 years of age. For people above 51 years of age, certain medical tests are required.
Care Classic Health Insurance Plan is a zone-based comprehensive health insurance policy for families residing across a range of cities in India. The zone-based health care assists families to stay secured and protected with decent medical insurance irrespective of their residence and availability of healthcare treatment. This insurance covers an affordable premium dissimilar to the city zone. Ideally, there are 3 zones. Individuals can identify their zone based on the pin code of their city. To sum up, the plan covers all medical bills incurred on your family anytime, anywhere.
Main Features of Care Classic Health Insurance Plan
- Care Classic Health Insurance Plan is available on a family floater basis.
- The Policy covers all in-patient’s hospital expenses up to the sum insured for individuals hospitalized for 24 hours including:
- Charges consist of room, rent, ICU Charge, Nursing, boarding, oxygen, anaesthesia, drugs, surgical appliances, medicines, OT, diagnostic equipment, surgeons fee, and medical practitioners fee.
- Pre-hospitalization expenses up to 60 days
- Post-hospitalization expenses up to 90 days
- OPD care including diagnostic and consultation charges
- Unlimited e-consultations with physicians
- Assisted reproductive treatment with new-age technology methods
- The Care Classic Health Insurance Plan
covers all medical bills sustained in daycare treatment up to the sum insured. This consists of a total of 540+ daycare treatment that requires less than 24 hours of hospitalization.
- The plan covers hospital expenses incurred on admission in AYUSH hospital for over 24 hours.
- Care Classic Health Insurance Plan covers Domiciliary expenses besides providing organ donor cover
- The plan provides an annual health checkup for every insured member once a year apart from offering unlimited automatic recharge in case the sum insured is exhausted.
- Upon renewability, the plan offers no claim bonus by increasing the sum insured by 10% provided that no claim is made in a year before renewal.
- Care Classic Health Insurance Plan offers cashless hospitalization facilities across a large network of hospitals.
- The Second opinion on treatment along with fascinating tax benefits under section 80 D.
Eligibility Parameters of Care Classic Health Insurance Plan
Religare Care Freedom Plan:
- Floater: 91 days with at least 1 member of age 18 and above.
- Adult: 60 years
- Child: 24 years
Type of Policy
1 year, 2 years, 3 years
Wide range beginning from INR 5 lakh to INR 15 lakh (INR 5 Lakh, INR 7 Lakh, INR 10 Lakh, INR 15 Lakh)
Pre-acceptance Medical Screening
This health insurance plan can meet the medical requirements of all individuals, irrespective of their age. It can be particularly beneficial as a floater policy for families as it takes care of a range of healthcare needs or as an individual policy for individuals nearing retirement age.
Key Features of Religare Care Freedom Plan:
- A reduced waiting period of two years for the inclusion of pre-existing ailments
- Automatic recharge of sum insured in case coverage gets exhausted
- No need to get medical checkups done for availing the policy benefits
- Irrespective of the past claims track record, annual medical check-ups for all insured individuals
- Quick, cashless and easy claim settlement procedure.
- Wide range of network hospitals
- Two sub-plans are available (Freedom Plan 1 and Freedom Plan 2). The range of sum insured starts from three lakhs and can go up to ten lakhs.
Exclusions of Religare Care Freedom Plan:
- OPD Treatments
- Pre-existing diseases have not been covered for a continuous period of two years from the start date of the policy.
- Any treatment during the waiting period (30 days from the policy start date) except for those caused by an injury.
- Treatments for dental issues (that do not warrant hospitalization) and cost of spectacles or contact lens
- Medical expenses for treatment of AIDS or other such sexually transmitted diseases
- Childbirth or pregnancy-related expenses including abortion, miscarriage, fertility treatments
- Treatments or expenses due to substance abuse or consumption of alcohol
Policy Terms and Conditions of Religare Care Freedom Plan:
- Entry Age Criteria
- Plan 1 – Any adult or child (who is at least 90 days old)
- Plan 2 – For individual plans, the individual should be at least 46 years old. In the case of floater policies, the oldest insured person should be 46 years old. Other members should be adults. Children can enter the policy when they complete 90 days.
- The policy proposer should be an adult (i.e. 18 years old)
Claim Process of Religare Care Freedom Plan:
Religare Joy Plan:
- If it is a case of emergency hospitalization, the Religare Team needs to be informed within 48 hours of admission to the medical facility
- For other cases, wherein the hospitalization has been pre-decided, the Religare Team needs to be informed before 48 hours of hospitalization
This policy strikes the perfect balance between maternity and newborn baby cover along with health insurance. There are two sub-plans available – Joy Today and Joy Tomorrow
Key Features of Religare Joy Plan::
- Condensed waiting period for maternity insurance claims – 9 Months (Joy Today) and 24 Months (Joy Tomorrow). It is inclusive of prenatal and post-natal expenditures.
- The policy covers expenses for the treatment of newborn babies. It also includes congenital defects.
- Facility to opt for a long-term tenure of three years.
- Flexibility to choose add-on covers such as an increase in sum insured as a No Claim Bonus
- Lifelong renewability
Exclusions of Religare Joy Plan:
- Pre-existing diseases that were contracted or diagnosed within a period of two years before the policy start date.
- Medical treatments during the first 30 days of the policy effective date except for those due to accidental injury.
- Non-allopathic or alternative treatments
- Infertility treatments including in vitro fertilization
- Congenital diseases
- Cost of eyewear (spectacles, contact lenses, etc.) or dental treatment
- Expenses incurred for AIDS treatment
Policy Terms and Conditions of Religare Joy Plan:
- Entry Age Eligibility Criteria
- Adult: At least 18 years and not more than 45 Years
- Child: At least one day and not more than 24 years
- New Born: At least one day and not more than 3 months
- Maximum Policy Tenure is 3 Years
- Cover Type: Individual and Floater (maximum six members)
- Grace Period of 30 Days given to the insured to renew the policy
- Claim Process:
- For planned hospitalization, the Religare team needs to be intimidated at least 48 hours before admission.
- In emergency cases, the team needs to be contacted within 24 hours of admission to the hospital.
Religare Cancer Mediclaim Plan:
- Religare Super Mediclaim Plan:
This category is an extension of the health insurance plans. These are indemnity based healthcare products that are more specifically targeted towards certain critical diseases or procedures. Currently, Religare offers four super Mediclaim plans, namely:
All major kinds of cancers are included in the scope of this insurance plan. In addition to the usual hospitalization costs, it also covers expenses towards chemotherapy and radiotherapy.
Salient Features Religare Cancer Mediclaim Plan:Religare Heart Mediclaim Plan:
It covers treatment costs for 16 critical heart diseases.
Salient Features Religare Heart Mediclaim Plan:Religare Critical Mediclaim Plan:
This plan provides comprehensive coverage for 32 critical diseases such as heart ailments, cancer, surgeries, etc.
Salient Features of Religare Critical Mediclaim Plan:Religare Operation Mediclaim Plan:
This health insurance plan covers a wide range of expenses associated with surgical procedures.
Salient Features of Religare Operation Mediclaim Plan:
Care Senior Policy
If you are moving towards your retirement and planning to spend those golden years in a carefree manner, this Care Senior Policy is the right choice for you. Care Senior Health Insurance policy wants you to believe that age is just a number and not a limiting factor for life.
Care Senior Policy launched by Care Health Insurance Company is a unique and affordable health insurance plan for senior citizens. This policy has been designed to offer financial coverage to the insured in a situation of medical emergency and to make them avail the healthcare services of their choice.
The policy comes with flexible plans and specific benefits that will take care of your healthcare needs to help you enjoy life with your loved ones. Care Senior Policy ensures no age-related problems hinder you and your family’s happy moments.
Main features of Care Senior Policy:
- Care Senior policy is available in two types of plans, the Individual Plan and the Family Floater Plan.
- Under the floater plan, you can insure yourself along with your spouse and the dependent children up to the age of 25 years.
- Care senior Religare policy covers the in-patient’s hospitalization expenses up to sum insured, benefits include:
Pre-and-post hospitalization charges are covered by the company for up to 30 and 60 days respectively.Expenses incurred due to all daycare procedures are covered.Care Senior Religare policy will cover domiciliary hospitalization expenses up to 10% of the sum insured.The expenses incurred in the annual health check-up of all the insured members shall be borne by the company.Religare care senior policy will provide coverage on organ transplantation of the insured person up to INR 50,000 or INR 1,00,000 according to the sum insured.Care Senior policy provides coverage on alternative treatments up to INR 15,000 or INR 20,000 according to the sum insured. This policy provides an additional feature of automatic recharge of the sum insured for every policy year.Tax benefits under section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961 can be availed by the policyholder for paying premiums towards the policy.No pre-policy medical checkups are required for availing of the policy.For every claim-free year, there will be a 10% increase in the sum insured for each policy year.The co-payment option of the policy allows you to pay 20% of the claim amount.
- Room rent expenses up to 1% of the sum insured shall be borne by the company.
- Religare care senior policy bears the charges of road ambulance up to INR 1500 and INR 2000 per hospitalization, according to the sum insured.
- The policy covers in-patient Intensive Care Unit (ICU) charges up to 2% of the sum insured.
- A daily allowance of Rs.500 per day will be paid by the company if the insured person is hospitalized for 24 hours or more.
Eligibility conditions of Care Senior Policy:
61 years and above
Option 1: INR 3 Lakhs,
Option 2: INR 5 Lakhs, INR 7 Lakhs, INR 10 Lakhs
Individual and Family Floater
1year, 2 years, and 3 years
Pre-Policy medical test
Care Cancer Mediclaim Policy
There are certain diseases that have zero predictability and can attack you at any age regardless of your fitness level. One such dreadful illness is cancer. Cancer has been disturbing human lives for over 400 years and still continues to affect millions of people every year. To safeguard your family from this awful disease, cancer insurance is a must.
Cancer Mediclaim policy designed by Care Health Insurance is an efficient cancer care policy to provide you financial coverage for the expenses incurred in the treatment of all types of cancers.
This is an indemnity-based policy that promises to give you the best cancer treatment, provides coverage on hospitalization charges, charges incurred in organ transplants, and chemotherapies.
Main features of Care Cancer Mediclaim Policy:
- Cancer Mediclaim policy will provide financial coverage for the treatment processes if the insured person is diagnosed with cancer at all stages.
- In-patient’s care charges covered in the policy:
Pre-and-post hospitalization charges are covered for up to 30 days and 60 days respectively.Care Cancer Mediclaim policy offers no sub-limits on the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) charges for the insured person.The policy offers coverage on organ transplantation charges up to the sum insured or INR 5 lakhs.Care Cancer Mediclaim policy offers the feature of annual health checkups for the insured person.Special healthcare services including doctor on call and coverage of OPD expenses.For every claim-free year, Care Health Insurance awards an extra bonus on the sum insured.Expenses incurred due to specific alternative treatments are covered in the policy.Care Health Insurance offers lifelong renewability of the policy to its clients.Policyholders can avail of the policy on an instalment basis by paying affordable premiums on a monthly and quarterly basis.The policy offers additional benefits like global coverage and second opinion features.As per section 80 D of the Income Tax Act, tax benefits can be availed by the policyholder on the payment of the premium on an annual basis.Care health insurance promises quicker and hassle-free claim settlements for the welfare of their clients.
- Hospitalization charges for the insured person shall be borne by the company
- Expenses incurred due to all the daycare procedures are covered in the policy.
- Costs of treatments like chemotherapy, radiotherapy, and other cancer care procedures are covered in the policy
- The policy covers the expenses of air ambulances up to INR 5 lakhs.
Eligibility Parameters for Care Cancer Mediclaim policy:
5 years to 50 years of age
INR 10 Lakhs to INR 2 Crores
1 year, 2 years and, 3 years
Pre-policy medical test
Care Critical Health Insurance Policy
Today more and more people around the world seem to be concerned about their health and fitness. Despite this millions of people get attacked by deadly diseases like cancer, cardiovascular diseases, stroke, organ transplants, and many such illnesses that not only shatter the mental and physical health of the person but also break the family on financial grounds.
These grim diseases have no certainty and this is the reason why we should always be prepared for such conditions. Investing in a good critical illness plan like Care Critical Health Insurance policy can safeguard you and your family in case any such medical emergency arrives.
Care Health Critical Insurance policy is an affordable policy that will provide coverage for 32 critical illnesses, psychiatrist consultation and many more benefits.
Main features of Care Critical Health Insurance Policy:
Religare Care Heart Plan:
- Care Critical Health Insurance policy provides coverage for the in-patient’s hospitalization expenses as per the sum insured.
- This insurance policy covers the expenses of 32 critical illnesses including cancer, renal failure, heart stroke, etc.
- Pre-and-post hospitalization medical expenses are covered for up to 30 days and 60 days respectively
- Expenses incurred due to all daycare procedures shall be borne by the company.
- Care critical health insurance provides coverage for OPD charges up to 1% of the sum insured or INR 25,000.
- There are no sub-limits on the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) charges incurred for the insured person.
- The health insurance provides road ambulance charges up to INR 3000 per hospitalization and up to INR 5 lakhs for air ambulance service.
- The policy offers a no capping on room rent feature for their clients.
- The policy covers the expenses of chemotherapy and radiotherapy up to the sum insured.
- Care Critical Health policy provides coverage for Dialysis up to the sum insured.
- Expenses incurred due to alternative treatments shall be covered by the company up to 25% of the sum insured.
- A facility of annual health check-up of the insured person shall be provided from the 2nd policy year (on continuous coverage).
- Special healthcare service benefits are included in the policy such as counselling for faster recovery, consultation with psychiatrists, and doctor-on-call facilities.
- For all claim-free years, a no-claim bonus shall apply for the benefit of the insured person.
- No requirement for pre-policy medical checkups before availing of this policy.
Eligibility parameters for the Care Critical Health Insurance Policy:
5 years to 50 years of age
INR 10 Lakhs, INR 25 Lakhs, INR 50 Lakhs, INR 1 Crore, and INR 2 Crore.
1 year, 2 years, and, 3 years
Pre-policy medical tests
Care Heart is a comprehensive health insurance plan for individuals with heart ailments. However, its scope is not restricted to only cardiac treatments but includes a wide range of ailments and their treatments. It is offered in the below-mentioned cases:
- First-time surgery (bypass surgery or angioplasty, stent or balloon implant) note more than seven years ago. If an individual has undergone two procedures such as bypass surgery along with angioplasty in the specified timeframe, that person cannot be covered in this policy.
- Angiography (with only normal coronaries) and currently no medical management
- The procedure is done and issues are corrected in cases such as PSVT, RFA, ASD, VSD or PDA
Key Features Religare Care Heart Plan::
- Covers Pre and post hospitalization medical expenses. Includes domiciliary hospitalization and home care expenses.
- Ambulance Cover
- Covers alternative treatments, subject to a maximum limit of 25% of the Sum Insured
- Auto recharge (100% of the original sum insured) if the cover is exhausted
- Benefits associated with claim-free years such as an increase of up to 50% of the sum insured
- Annual cardiac check-up
- Covers other treatments such as knee replacement, hernia, Hysterectomy, benign prostate hypertrophy surgery, stones of the renal system or other renal disorders
Exclusions of Religare Care Heart Plan:
In addition to all the exclusions applicable in the Care Senior Plan, there are some more cases that are beyond the scope of the Care Heart policy. Such as
- The policy does not apply to patients who are on insulin medication or have suffered from paralysis or stroke.
- Individuals who have undergone a pacemaker implant or had a valve replacement
- Individuals who had a Balloon mitral valvuloplasty for the treatment of rheumatic heart problems.
- Individuals who are currently on a medical management program post angiography
- Outright rejections in the following cases
- Chronic Liver, Lung or Kidney ailments
- Autoimmune disorders
- Disorders that lead to mental (or any growth) retardation
- Blood disorders
- Neuromuscular disorders
- Heart failure, valve diseases, Cardiac Hypertrophy and Cardiomyopathy,
Policy Terms and Conditions of Religare Care Heart Plan:
Religare Enhance Plan:
- Age Criteria
- Should be an adult i.e at least 18 years old
- There is no upper limit on the age of the insured
- Cover Type: Individual and Floater (maximum two adults)
- Claim Process:
- For cases of planned hospitalization, the insured needs to contact the team at least 24 hours prior.
- In sudden hospitalization or treatments, the team needs to be informed within a period of 24 hours of such hospitalization.
This policy is perfect for those who want to enhance their medical coverage. This is a deductible plan. In simple words, if one opts for an Rs. 10 lakh sum insured (with a deductible of Rs. 1 Lakh), then in case of a medical emergency, the insured needs to bear expenses worth Rs. 1 Lakh and the insurer will provide an additional cover of Rs. 10 Lakhs (over and above the deductible amount).
Key Features of Religare Enhance Plan:
- The high value of sum insured (can go up to Rs. 30 Lakhs). Sum insured + Deductibles can go till RS. 60 Lakhs
- Flexibility to choose deductibles
- Health check-ups for policyholders once a year. This option is available regardless of the history of claims.
- Facility to opt for global medical treatments with Enhance anywhere
- No pre-policy requisite to undergo medical checkups (sum insured not more than Rs. 40 Lakhs and till the age of 60 years)
- Covers medical expenses (inpatient care, pre and post hospitalization stages), daycare treatments, etc.
- No sub-limit on expenses such as ICU Chargers, surgery costs, doctor’s fees, etc.
- Provides organ donor cover
- Group discounts ranging between 5% to 20% are available (basis the group size)
Exclusions of Religare Enhance Plan:
- Any illness, injury or ailment that was acquired or diagnosed during the 48 months before the policy issuance date. This includes congenital diseases.
- Any ailment acquired during the initial 30 days of the policy. This does not include medical treatment required due to an injury or accident
- Non-allopathic or alternative medical treatments
- Self-inflicted injuries
- Dental treatment costs
- Cost of contact lens or spectacles
- Treatment of AIDS
- Maternity or pregnancy-related treatments and their consequent expenses. This includes infertility treatment expenses
- Treatments can be attributed to the consumption of intoxicating substances such as alcohol, drugs, etc.
Policy Terms and Conditions of Religare Enhance Plan:
- One becomes eligible for this policy from the next day of birth. There is no maximum age limit.
- Co-payment needs to be done if the age of the insured is 61 years or more.
- For the inclusion of pre-existing ailments, the policy should run for at least four years without any interruptions.
- After continuous coverage for four years, one can convert the deductible plan to a comprehensive plan.
Claim Process of Religare Enhance Plan:
Religare Group Care Health Plan:
- In case of pre-planned hospitalization, an intimation of 48 hours is necessary. For other cases (accidents, emergencies, etc.), the Religare team needs to be contacted within 24 hours of hospital admission.
This is a group health insurance plan for corporates or such entities to safeguard their employees, partners or customers against financial risks due to medical situations.
Key Features of Religare Group Care Health Plan:
- Covers hospitalization expenses (including at the pre and post-stage) such as room tariffs, surgery costs, ICU expenses, etc.
- Covers more than 540 daycare treatments which require less than 24-hours hospitalization
- Policy scope includes out-patient and alternative (non-allopathic) treatments
- Facility of road ambulance cover (domestic)
- Flexibility to decide sum insured as per requirement
- Option to customize product mix
- Annual Health check-up
- Maternity related benefits
- Option to seek the second opinion
- Covers expenses towards radiation treatments such as chemotherapy and radiotherapy
Fixed Benefit Health Insurance Plans
- Religare Group Secure Plan:
This is a group accident policy meant for the employees or customers of corporates or other such entities. In addition to all the benefits offered by Secure (Personal Accident Policy), it provides a host of additional perks:
- Covers reconstructive surgery costs
- Cash Allowance during hospitalization
- Global coverage with add-on benefit of terrorism coverage
Religare Travel Insurance
When travelling abroad, we make an exhaustive list of things to do and carry – appropriate clothes, forex, camera, food and whatnot. However, one important thing that is mostly ignored is Travel Insurance. This may seem like an unnecessary cost. However, in reality, it is an important investment, especially if there is a medical crisis or any such eventuality.
This insurance protects travellers from unexpected medical costs or other travel-related emergencies in a foreign land. Many countries have made medical insurance a prerequisite for granting visas to visitors.
Things to keep in mind while selecting a travel insurance partner
- One must ensure that the insurance policy is compatible or applicable to the region or place of travel. For instance, if the insured is travelling to any place covered under the Schengen Visa, one must check if the policy is valid in that region.
- It is important to be aware of the sub-limits in the policy. In many categories, the policy permits the insured to claim up to a specified limit. One must check if there are limits per claim or per incident.
- All travel policies have a set of exclusions. It is advisable to check what all situations are not included in the scope of the policy. These are the general exclusions:
- Pre-existing ailments
- Communal or civil violence, riots, war, etc.
- Self-caused injuries including suicide
- Accidents caused due to adventure sports or other such dangerous activities
- Travel against doctor’s orders
- Travel for the purpose of medical treatments
- The insured should be aware of the process and the timeframe within which the claim needs to be made.
Travel Insurance offered by Religare
There are three kinds of travel insurance plans offered by Religare
- Student Explore
- Group Explore
Explore is intended for individuals who are travelling abroad and want to secure their travel against unforeseen medical or non-medical expenses.
Why should you opt for Explore?
- Awarded by UBM India Pvt. Ltd. as India’s most preferred travel insurance
- Plans available for single entry as well as multiple trips
- Customized travel insurance plans for different geographies
- Low costs due to per day rates (rather than fixed slabs)
- No upper limit on age
- No medical check-up requirement irrespective of the age of the policyholder
- 2X sum insured in case of an accident without any additional costs
- The facility of cashless claim settlement
- The facility of insurance extension
- Round the clock assistance is available
Key Features of Explore
Any individual who is an Indian citizen can benefit from the Explore Policy.
- Medical Cover
Medical expenses due to any hospitalization or treatment during the trip are covered in the policy. It also includes dental expenses in case of an injury. Daily allowance (in case of hospitalization) is given to the insured to meet incidental expenses.
- Pre-Existing Diseases
The policy covers these illnesses as part of their Emergency Medical treatment program. 10% of the sum insured can be towards the treatment of pre-existing diseases.
- Personal Accident
Explore Plan covers eventualities as a result of an accident (including death and permanent disability) while one is travelling abroad. In an unfortunate event of death (accidental) as a passenger on any common transport or carrier, the nominee receives a lump-sum payment equivalent to the value of the sum insured.
- Loss or misplaced passport
Expenses related to the application and issuance of a new (or duplicate) passport is included in the scope of the plan. Other travel inconveniences such as delay (or loss) of luggage are also provided for.
- Medical Evacuation
If the insured needs to be evacuated or transported due to a medical emergency, the policy takes care of the expenses. It also includes compensation for upgradation to business class airfare in case of such situations.
- Transportation Expenses
As a compassionate visit, one immediate family member’s travel expenses (to the current location of the insured) are taken care of by the insurance policy. If the insured becomes hospitalized and is accompanied by a minor during the travel period, the return travel expenses of the child are borne by the insurance provider.
- Multiple Trip Policy
Frequent travellers can greatly benefit from this feature. Instead of taking a policy for each separate trip, it is easier (cost and time-wise) for such travellers to opt for multi-trip travel insurance.
Buying this insurance is an easy and hassle-free process. One can complete the entire process in a few minutes and at the click of a button. The policy is issued immediately
This is a comprehensive travel insurance policy for students who have been selected in international universities. Some key features of the Student Explore Policy are:
- Extremely cost-efficient
- Wide range of benefits such as medical expenses (including in-patient care, out-patient care, dental expenses), medical evacuation, daily allowance, compassionate visits, travel inconvenience expenses (trip delay, loss or delay of baggage including laptops, misplaced passport, loss of driving license), personal liability, study interruption, university insolvency, bail bond and coverage at the base country.
- Host of optional covers available to customize the plan as per the requirements of the University. Benefits like injuries inflicted by self or caused due to dangerous activities such as adventure sports, HIV / AIDS cover, cover for maternity-related expenses (including newborn care), vision care on a half copayment basis.
- Flexible coverage tenure starting from one month and going up to three years
- Sponsor Protection
- The facility of cashless claim settlement
This is a group travel insurance policy that is offered to corporates when their employees are travelling abroad or within the country. Some key features of the Group Explore policy are:
- A wide range of tailor-made product constructs is available
- Option to choose from a single trip policy or an annual policy for multiple trips
- Extensive medical exposure including injury due to adventure sports, In-patient and out-patient coverage, diagnostic tests (chemotherapy, radiotherapy, cancer screening, mammography, etc.)
- Cover from travel related inconveniences such as trip delay, loss of luggage or passport
- Dedicated travel representative to ensure excellent service delivery
Exclusions from the Religare Travel Insurance Policies
The scope of the travel insurance policy does not cover the following:
- Any expense due to consumption of drugs, alcohol or any other intoxicating substance
- Any damage caused by a terrorist attack, war or civil disobedience
- Damages or expenses caused by ionizing radiation or such contamination
- Claims which are due to any hazardous or illegal activity
- Illness claims made during the waiting period (excluding accident or injury cases) of 30 days after issuance of the travel insurance policy
- Treatment of sexually transmitted diseases such as AIDS or HIV
Premium calculator of Religare Health Insurance Plans
The premiums of health insurance plans of Religare can be calculated online using premium calculators. The calculators calculate the premiums based on the coverage details that are entered. The age of the insured, number of family members to be covered, the sum insured, etc. are some of the details which are required to calculate the premium.
How to pay premiums for the various insurance plans offered by Religare Health?
Premium payment is a hassle-free process. One can either visit the company website and make an online payment (through debit or credit cards, net banking, wallets, etc.) or visit any of their nearest branches to make the payment.
Alternatively, one can visit the nearest Axis Bank branch and pay the renewal premium through a cheque or a DD at the ‘Easy Pay’ service counters.
How to buy Religare Health plans?
Applying for Religare’s health insurance plans can be done online through Tirtlemint’s website. The process is as follows –
- Log into Turtlemint’s website at www.turtlemint.com
- Enter your profile details like your name, age, etc.
- Find the list of health plans of Religare which you can compare and then choose one
- After selecting the policy, you can also check the coverage details
- When you are satisfied with the policy’s coverage details, click the ‘Buy Now’ tab and buy the policy
- You would have to fill the online application form with details regarding the coverage required, medical history and your KYC information
- Pay the policy premium online through Turtlemint’s safe payment gateway.
- After the payment of the premium, the policy is issued.
You would also be able to find out Religare Health Insurance Policy status through Turtlemint’s platform.
How to make Health Insurance Claims?
Religare has an in-house claim settlement department that offers help in claim settlement round the clock. You can, therefore, contact Religare’s claim helpline number for raising your claim. Health insurance claims can be paid on a cashless basis or on a reimbursement basis depending on the hospital that you choose for treatments.
Turtlemint also helps you in getting your claim settled. There is a dedicated claim team of Turtlemint which helps in getting your claims settled at the earliest. You would just have to call on 1800 266 0101 or mail Turtlemint at email@example.com to get help for your claims.
If, however, you choose to get your claims settled through Religare, the following steps would have to be followed –
For Cashless Claims, follow the below steps:
- Intimate the customer support team (phone or email) within the specified timelines
- Collect the pre-authorization form from the Hospital’s TPA or insurance desk and submit the filled form.
- The in-house health team at Religare will evaluate the case details. On successful review and approval, the team will inform the hospital and the insured.
For reimbursement claims, follow the below steps:
- Reach out to the customer support team within the prescribed timelines.
- The filled-in claim form needs to be sent along with the necessary documents to the Gurgaon Office.
- ID Proof
- Referral letter from doctor suggesting hospitalization
- A prescription with the details of the medicines, diagnostic tests and consultations
- Original bills and receipts (including pharmacy bills)
- Hospital’s discharge card
- Original reports (lab reports, diagnostic tests and radiology reports)
- Indoor case papers
- FIR and final police report (if it is applicable)
- Post mortem report (if it is applicable)
- Any other supporting documents as required
- The medical team at Religare will study the case details and update the insured about the progress of the claims.