As a woman, you have certain financial and medical requirements at every stage of your life that may not be covered under a general health insurance plan. That’s why it’s important that you opt for health insurance that caters especially to your particular needs.
Here’s a sneak peek into some Indian health insurance policies that are designed specifically for women:
Let’s take a look at few of their key benefits:
HDFC Life Smart Woman Plan
- Coverage of pregnancy complications or the birth of a child with a specified congenital disorder, malignant female-specific cancers, and death of spouse.
- Uninterrupted savings with waiver & funding of premiums and periodic cash benefits for the next 3 Partial withdrawals also allowed to meet contingencies.
- Sum assured of up to 40 times the annualized premium.
- Enhanced allocation rate from the 11th year onwards.
Tata-AIG’s Wellsurance Woman Policy
- 11 critical illnesses covered, with a higher benefit for cancer.
- Coverage of expenses for hospitalization, ICU/ICCU, convalescence, cosmetic reconstruction surgery (for accidental injuries only), and emergency ambulance.
- Access to free health helpline, articles for health & wellness information, personalized health tracker, discounts at health related services (over 200 gyms, skin care & weight management centers, diagnostics centers), etc.
Bajaj Allianz Women Specific Critical Illness Insurance Plan
- 8 women-specific critical illnesses covered.
- Congenital disability benefits up to age 40 for up to 2 deliveries.
- Children education bonus and loss of employment cover.
Star Wedding Gift Insurance Policy
- No pre-acceptance medical screening.
- Maternity cover and new-born baby cover for up to 2 deliveries. Also pays certain pre-natal expenses, such as a test for detecting congenital abnormality in foetus.
- Coverage of expenses for inpatient care, pre & post hospitalization, emergency ambulance, specified day-care procedures, pre-existing illnesses (with waiting periods), and non-allopathic treatment.
Religare Joy Maternity Health Insurance Policy
- Maternity cover and new-born baby cover.
- Coverage of expenses for pre & post hospitalization, emergency ambulance, day care treatment, inpatient care, and specified pre-existing/named illnesses (with waiting periods).
- No Claim Bonus (with an add-on).
New India Asha Kiran Policy
- 11 critical illnesses covered.
- Hospitalization expenses for the family can be covered.
- Coverage of expenses for specified day care treatments, pre & post hospitalization, critical care, organ transplantation (organ cost not included), non-allopathic treatment, and emergency ambulance expenses.
- Personal accident cover applicable to proposer and spouse.
- Discount on premium for including a daughter in the policy.
Reliance HealthGain Policy
- 5% discount for single women or girl children.
- Health of immediate & extended family members can be covered.
- Coverage of expenses for inpatient care, domiciliary hospitalization, pre & post hospitalization, organ donor, accidental injuries, critical illness, specific ailments, pre-existing diseases (with waiting periods), and emergency ambulance.
- Discounts and deals on a range of health & lifestyle products and services.
- Access to health experts and other online services including medical appointment booking, personalized diet plan, and health risk assessment.
- Accidental death cover for no-claim renewal.
- Cumulative Bonus for claim-free years.
- Restoration of sum insured and free extension of policy possible.
Note: The coverage and other benefits of these health insurance plans are subject to terms and conditions as specified in their respective policy documents.
Choose a health insurance plan that’s suited to your specific needs and provides you with the best benefits. It’s recommended that you don’t delay getting health insurance. This is because, when you’re in your 40s, most women-specific policies require you to get a medical screening before they can be approved. If you’re not found in the best of health, you might end up having to shell out more for your policy premium.
Find out more information on health insurance for women. Call our HEALTH EXPERT at 1800-266-0101 or visit the Turtlemint website to get quotes for different women-specific health insurance plans.