10 cars that are fun to drive and cheap to insure
The SIAM (Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers), OICA (Organization Internationale des Constructeurs d’ Automibiles) data pegged India as the fastest growing market for passenger vehicles with a 7.64% increase in the sale of vehicles in the year 2015. India’s growth overshadowed the growth witnessed by UK (6.20%), France (6.19%) and even China (5.91%). Does it come as a wonder why the automobile industry is churning out newer and developed versions of cars so frequently?
Are you too looking to buy a new car and confused about making a choice? Have you considered the associated insurance cost of the various models?
A car insurance policy is a compulsory requirement. That is why its premium is usually pre-included in the on-road price of the car. The premium depends on the car’s model and cost. Higher the cost, higher would be the premium. When we buy a car, though we consider our budget and the models, we forget about the included insurance premium. So, here are the top ten cars (hatchbacks and sedans) which are fun to drive and also cheap to insure:
Top 5 Hatchbacks
1. TATA Tiago – the latest offering from TATA Motors, Tiago, has amazing features which has made it one of the best-selling hatchbacks in its class. The car has some very good features and a powerful engine capacity. Available in both diesel and petrol variants with multiple models, this car is suitable for all.
Ex-showroom price (New Delhi) of Revotron XB (Petrol) – Rs.3.20 lakhs
Insurance Premium – Rs.7, 777 (Bharti AXA)
2. Maruti Celerio – Maruti is the market leader in the car industry and this car is a leader in the hatchback segment. The car has the best twin-cylinder diesel engine, AMT Gearbox and tilt steering.
Ex-showroom price (New Delhi) of LXi 998 cc (Petrol) – Rs.4.03 lakhs
Premium – Rs.7, 528 (Liberty Videocon)
3. Renault Kwid – an attractive hatchback from Renault, the car recently added the feature of an AMT dial. The car is stylish, has all the modern features and also gives good mileage.
Ex-showroom price (New Delhi) of Kwid STD 799 cc (Petrol) – Rs.2.62 lakhs
Premium – Rs.5, 981 (Universal Sompo)
4. Hyundai Elite i20 – a new variant from the house of Hyundai, the car comes fitted automatic transmission.
Ex-showroom price (New Delhi) of Elite i20 Era 1.2 (Petrol) – Rs.5.60 lakhs
Premium – Rs.7, 528 (Liberty Videocon)
5. Honda Jazz – how can we leave out Honda? Jazz, is a hatchback offered by Honda which is high on style and space. With a powerful engine capacity, the car ticks all the right boxes.
Ex-showroom price (New Delhi) of 1.2 E IVTEC (Petrol) – Rs.5.85 lakhs
Premium – Rs. 8, 605 (Universal Sompo)
Top 5 Sedans
6. Maruti Suzuki Ciaz – a new launch by Maruti Suzuki, the car became an instant hit among the masses because of its features, engine capacity and fuel efficiency.
Ex-showroom price (New Delhi) of VXI – Rs.7.87 lakhs
Premium – Rs.11, 756 (Bharti AXA)
7. Volkswagen Ameo – the most popular sedan among car users, Ameo has an excellent engine capacity, 5-speed manual gearbox and is decently priced too.
Ex-showroom price (New Delhi) of 1.2 MPI Trendline (Petrol) – Rs.5.4 lakhs
Premium – Rs.9, 812 (Bharti AXA)
8. Skoda Rapid – a little on the pricier side, the car does have quality features and a stylishly new design.
Ex-showroom price (New Delhi) of 1.6 MPI Active – Rs.9.01 lakhs
Premium – Rs.13, 844 (L & T Insurance)
9. Honda City – the more conservative and also popular choice of many is Honda City as it is the most selling car from Honda. The car is packed with various safety and quality features like ABS with EBD, SRS Airbags and Advanced Compatibility Engineering (ACE) body.
Ex-showroom price (New Delhi) of IVTEC E (Petrol) – Rs.8.47 lakhs
Premium – Rs.11, 930 (Bharti AXA)
10. Chevrolet Cruze – a popular sedan, Cruze offers an excellent in-cabin space, passenger comfort and good suspension system. It is available both in manual as well as automatic variants.
Ex-showroom price (New Delhi) of LT (Diesel) – Rs.15.38 lakhs
Premium – Rs.14, 306 (L & T Insurance)
So, these are 10 cars which are popular, fun and also entail a low premium outgo in terms of the associated insurance policy. If your budget is restricted to Rs.5-6 lakhs, a higher model of TATA Tiago is a good choice. Individuals looking for a sedan can settle on Ciaz or Ameo which are a very popular choice. Happy driving!
Read more about All you need to know about car insurance
Read more about Benefits of buying car insurance online
Read more about Anatomy of car insurance plan