How to prevent illnesses this monsoon
Enjoyable though the rainy season is, it can cost you “your health” if you aren’t careful. You’re at a high risk of falling prey to serious diseases and infections that spread rampantly due to unhygienic conditions during monsoon.
Don’t let the dangers of this tricky season jeopardize your health and wealth. Stay aware and take adequate safety measures to protect yourself this monsoon. Also, arm yourself with a health insurance policy or a disease-specific plan (like a Dengue Insurance Cover).
Read more about why to buy dengue insurance policy
Let’s take a look at some of the common (and possibly fatal) monsoon illnesses:
Here are a few prevention tips to help you keep these dangerous monsoon illnesses at bay:
- When outside, carry an umbrella/raincoat, wear long-sleeved clothes and closed shoes, and keep cuts and injuries covered. If you get drenched or step in dirty water, change out of your damp clothes and take a bath.
- Practice good hygiene and sanitation. Wash your hands frequently with soap.
- Avoid accumulation of stagnant water.
- Drink only clean water, filtered or boiled.
- Eat food that’s cooked completely and not stale. Avoid consuming cut fruits or salads, unpasteurized milk or ice cream, and street food.
- Boost your immunity with a diet rich in Vitamin C and other nutrients.
- Keep houseflies away from food and water.
- Use mosquito repellents and insecticide-treated mosquito nets.
- Avoid contact with anyone infected with a contagious illness.
- If you stay in an area where the malarial infection is prevalent, take anti-Malarial medication as a precautionary measure.
- Get vaccinated for Cholera, Typhoid, and Hepatitis A.
- If you have cattle or pets, get them vaccinated.
With the right health insurance, you can safeguard yourself financially and get the necessary medical care if you do happen to fall ill. Find out how you can play safe this monsoon with the umbrella of health insurance!
Need help finding an affordable health insurance plan? Compare plans and invest wisely with the help of Team Turtlemint. Call our Health Expert at 1800-266-0101 or visit the Turtlemint website to get quotes for different health insurance plans.
Read also An anatomy of an health insurance plan
Read more about Dejargonizing health insurance terms