Reliance General Insurance Company Limited is a part of the Reliance Group of industries, a reputed Indian conglomerate. Reliance General has been in the general insurance business for quite a few years and has a huge customer base. The company offers a range of general insurance products for its customers and a two-wheeler insurance policy is one such product offered by the company. Reliance General Insurance is present across India through 139 offices in different cities and more than 28,900 intermediaries selling its insurance plans.
When it comes to two-wheeler insurance, Reliance offers different types of two-wheeler insurance plans which offer readymade coverage benefits for all types of customers.
Features and benefits of Reliance two-wheeler insurance plans
Reliance two-wheeler insurance policies offer you the following features and benefits –
- There are different types of policies offering different types of coverage benefits as per your requirements
- No paperwork is required to buy or renew Reliance two-wheeler insurance plans
- Renewal facility is allowed for up to three years
- There are a range of add-on coverage features which help you in customising your bike insurance coverage
- Cashless claim settlements can be availed across more than 750 garages all over India
Two-wheeler insurance policies offered by Reliance
Reliance offers the following types of two-wheeler insurance plans –
Name of the plan
Two-wheeler Own Damage (OD only) policy
A policy which covers only the damages suffered by the bike
Two wheeler insurance
A one year comprehensive policy which covers both third party liability and damages suffered by the bike
Long term two wheeler insurance
A long term third party liability policy which has a coverage duration of 5 years
Long term two-wheeler package policy – Bundled
A bundled policy which allows third party coverage for 5 years and own damage coverage for one year
Third party liability insurance
A policy which covers only the third party liability that you face
Coverage offered by Reliance two wheeler insurance plans
Coverage available under two-wheeler insurance policies depend on the type of policy that you choose. Though Reliance offers a range of two-wheeler insurance plans, there are basically two broad types of policies which are as follows –
- Third party liability only policy
- Comprehensive package policy
Third party liability policy is mandatory by law. All bike owners are required to own third party coverage on their bikes if they wish to drive the bike on Indian roads. Third party policies cover the financial liability that you face in the following conditions –
- Death of an individual due to the bike
- Injury or wound suffered by an individual due to the bike
- The loss to an individual’s property due to the bike
The liability that you face in any of these situations is paid by the third party liability coverage.
Comprehensive package policies, on the other hand, go a step further and also cover the damages suffered by the bike. The coverage under comprehensive package bike insurance policies is allowed for the following instances –
- Death of an individual due to the bike
- Injury or wound suffered by an individual due to the bike
- Loss to an individual’s property due to the bike
- Damages to the bike due to natural or man-made causes like earthquakes, landslides, fire, cyclones, malicious acts, etc.
- Theft of the bike
- Damages to the bike when it is being transported
Exclusions under Reliance two wheeler insurance plans
Reliance two wheeler insurance policies provide a good scope of coverage to the bike. However, in the following instances, any subsequent claim would not be paid –
- Driving under the influence of alcohol, drugs or any other narcotics
- Driving outside the boundaries of India
- Driving without a valid driving license
- Violating the usage limitations of the bike
- Mechanical and electrical breakdowns suffered by the bike
- Loss due to depreciation and normal wear and tear
- Consequential losses of any kind
Add-on covers under Reliance two wheeler insurance
Comprehensive Reliance two wheeler insurance policies also offer you a choice of add-ons for an enhanced scope of coverage. Add-ons are additional coverage benefits which can be added to the policy for increased benefits. The add-ons which Reliance offers with its two wheeler policies are as follows –
- Nil depreciation cover
Since depreciation is not covered under two wheeler insurance plans, in case of a claim, the estimated depreciation is deducted from the costs incurred in repairing or replacing the damaged parts of the bike. As such, the claim amount is reduced considerably. The depreciation which is deducted from the different parts of the bike is as follows –
Types of parts of the bike
Rate of depreciation applicable
Rubber, plastic or nylon parts
Tyres and tubes
As per the depreciation of the Insured Declared Value of the bike
The nil depreciation add-on removes the effect of depreciation from bike insurance claims. If you have chosen the add-on, the company would pay the full claim irrespective of the above-mentioned rates of depreciation.
- Personal accident bundle cover
Under this add-on cover, you get covered for accidental death and disablements suffered anywhere in the world. Moreover, the coverage would also be applicable to any individual driving the bike. This add-on cover is available for INR 5 lakhs which is payable in case of accidental death, disablement, loss of sight and loss of limbs.
- Daily allowance benefit
Under this add-on, if your bike is at the networked garage for repairs for more than three days, you would get a daily cash allowance for your conveyance expenses. You can choose any amount of allowance up to a maximum of INR 5000/day.
- EMI protection
If your bike is in repairs at a networked garage for more than 30 days, up to three loan EMIs would be paid by Reliance on the loan that you might have taken on your bike.
- Helmet cover
This add-on covers the loss or damage of the helmet in an accident. Under this add-on, the insurance company pays the cost incurred in replacing your lost helmet. You can avail coverage of up to INR 50,000 and also cover multiple helmets in a year.
Discounts available under Reliance two wheeler insurance plans
Reliance two wheeler insurance plans allow different types of discounts on the premiums that you are required to pay for the policy. These discounts help in lowering the premium rate and save your hard earned money. The available discounts are as follows –
- No claim discount
If you do not make a bike insurance claim in a policy year, you get a no claim bonus. This bonus also increases after every successive claim-free year. With the bonus that you avail, you can claim a discount on the renewal premium of the policy. The available no claim bonus discount in Reliance two wheeler insurance plans is as follows –
No claims in the first policy year
20% no claim discount
No claims in the two successive policy years
No claims in three successive policy years
No claims in four successive policy years
No claims in five or more successive policy years
- Voluntary deductible discount
You can also get a premium discount if you opt for a voluntary deductible. Voluntary deductible is a part of the claim which you bear yourself. Since you share the claim burden, the insurance company offers you a discount. The available premium discount at different levels of voluntary deductible are as follows –
Voluntary deductible selected
Applicable premium discount
5% of the own damage premium up to a maximum of INR 50
10% of the own damage premium up to a maximum of INR 75
15% of the own damage premium up to a maximum of INR 125
20% of the own damage premium up to a maximum of INR 200
- Other discounts
Besides these two types of primary discounts, there are other types of discounts too which include discounts for installing safety devices, being a member of a reputed automobile association, modifying the bike for the use of a disabled, etc.
How to buy Reliance two wheeler insurance policies?
You can buy Reliance 2 wheeler insurance plans online from the website of the company itself. Online purchases are hassle-free and require no elaborate documentation. You just have to provide the details of your bike to check the premium. Then, choose a suitable policy among the different plans offered by the company. Once you have selected the policy, fill up an online form and pay the premium to get the policy issued.
You can also buy Reliance two wheeler insurance policy from Turtlemint. Turtlemint offers you personalised assistance and hassle-free purchase process. To buy online through Turtlemint, you should take the following steps –
- Visit https://www.turtlemint.com/two-wheeler-insurance and provide the registration details of your bike
- You would also have to enter other details of the bike like its model, variant, fuel type, registration date, manufacturing date, details of a previous policy if you have one, etc.
- You can also provide your name and contact details so that an executive from Turtlemint can get in touch with you and help you with buying the policy
- When you proceed, you would get the premium quotes of different bike insurance policies
- You can then compare the coverage benefits and premiums of differing popular two wheeler insurance plans and choose the plan which is the best
- To buy, you should fill up an online application form and pay the premium after which the policy would be issued
How to renew Reliance two wheeler insurance plans?
Renewal of Reliance two wheeler insurance policies is easy as you can renew online. To renew, visit the home page of the company at https://www.reliancegeneral.co.in/Insurance/Home.aspx and choose ‘Renew’. Choose ‘Renew two wheeler insurance’ and you would be guided to a new page. Provide the registered mobile number to receive an OTP for authentication purposes. You would then be able to check your existing policy and renew it online by paying the renewal premium.
Even Turtlemint allows you to renew your Reliance two wheeler insurance policy. If you are an existing customer, you can log into your account and renew the policy from Turtlemint’s platform by paying the renewal premium.
Claim process of Reliance two wheeler insurance plans
In order to get the settlement of your two wheeler insurance claims, you are required to follow a specific claim process. This process is as follows –
- Call Reliance’s toll-free number 1800 3009 to register your two wheeler insurance claim
- You would be given the address of the nearest preferred garage where you should take your bike if you want a cashless settlement of your claim. If you take your bike to a non-networked garage, your claim would be settled on a reimbursement basis
- At the garage, the surveyor makes an analysis of the damage and submits his report to the insurance company
- The company, then, confirms the liability and the repairs start
- Once the repairs are completed, the claim form and all relevant documents can be submitted to the insurance surveyor or the company and the company would pay the repair costs
- Once the costs are paid, you can take delivery of your bike
- In case of a third party or theft claim, inform the police immediately and file an FIR
- Third party claims would be settled by Reliance based on the rulings of the motor accidents tribunal
- In case of theft claims, if the police are unable to locate the bike, Reliance would pay the Insured Declared Value of the policy and the claim would be settled
Instead of taking these steps for claim settlements, you can also inform Turtlemint for the settlement of your Reliance two wheeler insurance claims. If you have bought the policy from Turtlemint, the company would help you in getting your claims settled. You would just have to inform Turtlemint at 1800 266 0101 or by writing a mail to email@example.com and your claim would be registered. Thereafter, Turtlemint’s team of experts would follow the claim process and get you the delivery of your bike.
Documents required for Reliance two wheeler insurance claims
To get the claim settled under your Reliance two wheeler insurance policy, the following documents would have to be submitted –
- Claim form
- Policy bond
- Driver’s license
- Registration Certificate book of the bike
- PUC (Pollution Under Control) certificate
- Police FIR for a third party or theft claims
- Identity proof
Once the documents are submitted, the claim would be processed and settled by Reliance.