On 4th September 2012, the state government of Gujarat launched a health scheme, i.e. Mukhyamanti Amrutum Yojana, to provide monetary help to the BPL (Below Poverty Line) families in Gujarat so that they will get the best medical and surgical treatment for their illnesses. Beneficiaries are given a cashless health card to avail of the benefits of this scheme.
When this scheme was appreciated by the people, the state government of Gujarat extended its area of benefits. Now, it includes families with an annual income of up to INR 4,00,000 per annum. The scheme has been renamed Mukhyamantri Amrutum Vatsalaya Yojana.
Features of the Mukhyamantri Amrutum Yojana
If you want to enroll in the Gujarat Mukhyamantri Amrutum Yojana, you should know the salient features of the scheme. Some of the most prominent ones are given below:
- Under the scheme Mukhyamantri Amrutum, beneficiaries need to take the medical and surgical treatment from the empanelled hospitals to avail of the claim in the form of reimbursement.
- When the Vatsalya Card is issued, the list of empanelled hospitals is also provided with it for the convenience of the beneficiaries.
- This is a cashless scheme. The beneficiaries don’t need to pay anything for the treatment at the empanelled hospital. Hence, they should have the Vatsalya Card with them.
- The beneficiaries are also paid the transport charges under this scheme.
- Medical consultation, treatment, hospitalization, and surgery are covered under this scheme.
- All the medicines and tests are arranged by the hospitals.
- No age limit is required to avail of the benefits of this scheme
- All the names of the family members are to be enrolled in one ration card to avail of the benefits of the scheme
- Any inquiry related to the hospital can be made by calling a toll-free number, 1800 233 1022.
What are the benefits of the Mukhyamantri Amrutum Yojana?
The citizens of Gujarat have been availing of the health benefits with the help of the Mukhyamantri Amrutum Yojana for many years. Some important benefits are given below:
- Tertiary care is given to those citizens of Gujarat who belong to the BPL, Below Poverty Line category.
- Cashless medical consultation, treatment, hospitalization, surgical treatment, and therapy are provided to the registered beneficiaries.
- One thousand seven hundred sixty-three medical procedures, along with their follow-up, are covered under this scheme.
- The cashless treatment of up to 5 lakh can be claimed under this scheme.
- INR 300 is given to the beneficiaries as the transport charges for every visit to the empanelled hospitals for treatment.
- Now, families with an annual income of up to INR 4 lakh per annum can also take advantage of this scheme.
List of diseases & treatments covered under the Mukhyamantri Amrutum Yojana?
There is a long list of diseases covered under the Mukhyamantari Amrutum Yojana which benefits all MA Amrutam card holders.
- Renal disease
- Pancreas, liver, kidney transplant etc.
- Neonatal diseases
- Joint replacement and kidney
- Neurological disease and surgery
- Cardiovascular disease
- Cancer (Malignancies)
- Hip and knee replacement
What are the exclusions in the Mukhyamantri Amrutum Yojana?
The Mukhyamantri Amrutum yojana covers numerous medical treatments, and there are only a few exclusions under this scheme. The exclusions are mentioned below:
- Some cosmetics treatments such as plastic surgery for the improvement of the appearance
- Some non-emergency procedures
What are the eligibility criteria for the Mukhyamantri Amrutum Yojana?
The Mukhyamantri Amrutum Yojana provides many benefits, but its eligibility is limited to low-annual income families. Following are the eligibility conditions:
- Families who have an annual income of up to INR 4 lakhs
- Accredited reporters
- You should be a U-win card holder
- All the Accredited Social Health Activist (ASHA) workers, both urban and rural
- Beneficiaries whose information is on the district BPL list created by the state government’s rural development department and urban development department and who come from families who fall below the poverty line
- Those employees of classes 3 and 4 who are appointed by the state government and have fixed pay
- Elderly people from households with a yearly or annual income of up to Rs. 6 lakh.
How can I enroll in Mukhyamantri Amrutum Yojana?
Those people who are eligible for the Mukhyamantri Amrutum Yojna can enroll under this scheme. Enrolling under this is not very hard; there are a few simple steps through which you can easily enroll. Given is the process of enrolling in the Mukhyamantri Amrutum Vatsalya:
- Those individuals who are eligible for the scheme have to visit the Civic Center kiosk at a Taluka. He/she can also visit the mobile kiosk.
- Interested individuals need to be on the Mukhyamantri Amrutum Vatsalya list. This step is mandatory to be eligible for the scheme.
- Families whose annual income is less than INR 4 lakh are listed in the MA list. You can check the list of eligible families on the MA Gujarat website.
- Enrolling requires biometric information like iris scans, fingerprints, etc. and family members’ photographs. All this is done through the well-equipped hardware machines that are available in the Civic Centers, Taluk office, and Mobile kiosks.
- In the kiosk office or the Civic Center, the beneficiary first needs to fill out the Mukhyamantri Amrutam card application successfully in Gujarati, along with proper details about the family.
- After your documents are successfully verified, you will be given a pamphlet related to the Mukhyamantri Amrutum Vatsalya, a list of hospitals that come under the scheme, and the MA Card.
Documents Required for Mukhyamantri Amrutum Yojana
If you are eligible for the Mukhyamantri Amrutum Yojana, you must present a few documents at the Nodal agency. Those documents are as follows-
- Proof of Identity (Adhaar Card, PAN Card, Voter ID Card, or Driving License)
- Proof of Address (Ration Card)
- BPL Certificate
- Income Certificate
- Passport Size Photograph
- Mobile Number
Health Card Details of Mukhyamantri Amrutum Yojana
To complete the enrolment process, it is important to visit the Nodal Agency. You will be provided with the Mukhyamantri Amrutum vatsalya card application form pdf or a physical form you will need to fill out and submit. After the enrolment, you check the status both online and offline. You can revisit the kiosk to check the card’s status or visit the MAGujarat website and use your login details to log in and check the MA Vatsalya card status. Various details related to the scheme are also available on the website to make the most out of the card. If a MA Vatsalya Card is lost, the beneficiary can go to the taluk kiosk to get a new card.
In order to claim coverage in times of medical emergency, the beneficiary must submit the MA card document.
How To Renew The Mukhyamantri Amrutum Yojana Health Card?
The renewal process of the Mukhyamantri Amrutum Yojana card is fairly easy. You can do it directly by calling their customer care or visiting the appointed Nodal Agency and presenting your previous Mukhyamantri Amrutum card and Income Certificate to complete the renewal process. If you wish to get connected to a customer care executive faster, consider calling them after 6 pm on any working day.
Remember that the MA card is now valid for 3 years since the date of issue, and you will have to renew the card timely to keep enjoying the benefits.
Mukhyamantri Amrutum App
The Mukhyamantri Amrutum Vatsalya App is available for download on Playstore. In case of a medical emergency, the application can help you find the nearest accredited hospital; it will help you to understand the schemes, etc. Apart from the MA Application, other applications are available on Playstore, which help you stay updated on the MA Yojana.
How do I download the Mukhyamantri Amrutum Yojana application form?
There is a very simple step for downloading the MA Vatsalya Card. In order to download the card, the interested member can go to the Mukhyamantri Amrutum portal. With the help of this link, you can search for the nearest kiosk. And there, you will get the required application form.
How to make a claim for the Mukhyamantri Amrutum Yojana?
Unlike other traditional health insurance schemes, settling a health claim under Mukhyamantri Amrutum Vatsalya Yojana is easy. Read the following procedure to know how the citizens of Gujarat are availing of the benefits of the health scheme that has been issued in social welfare:
- Step 1: Visit a nearby network hospital and submit the QR card for verification.
- Step 2: The verification process does not take too much time. The cashless treatment of the beneficiary will start shortly.
- Step 3: After the treatment, the authorized department of the empanelled hospital will send all the details related to the medical expenses to the insurer.
- Step 4: The insurance company will then verify all the given details.
- Step 5: The claim is settled between the insurance company and the hospital.
List of Hospitals that are empanelled with Mukhyamantri Amrutum Yojana:
Given below are some of the hospitals that are empanelled with Mukhyamantri Amrutum Yojana:
- Ayushman Surgical Hospital
- Sita Superficiality Hospital
- The Gujarat Cancer and Research Institute
- Himalaya Cancer Hospital
- Institute of Kidney Diseases and Research Center
- Bodyline Hospital
- Rhythm Heart Hospital
- Unicare Hospital
- Adani Institute of Medical Sciences
- Sri Sathya Sai Heart Hospital.
Download the Mukhyamantri Amrutum App to know the complete list of empanelled hospitals.
Things to remember about the Mukhyamantri Amrutum Yojana
The following things should be remembered about the Mukhyamantri Amrutum Yojana:
- ASHAs belonging to the rural and urban regions are also considered eligible to apply for the scheme.
- The process of claim settlement is transparent and easy. No beneficiary has to wait for a long time for the claim settlement as they are given the facility of cashless treatment.
- The enrollment process for this scheme is also easy. If the applicants want to apply offline for the scheme, they must visit the nearest kiosk. For online enrollment, they should visit the official website.
- The beneficiary is able to get one add-on card.
- Cashless treatment of up to INR 5 lakh is provided.
Mukhyamantri Amrutum Yojana is designed to help BPL(below the poverty line) families with high-quality medical and surgical care in case of severe illnesses requiring hospitalization, surgeries, and therapies. It serves the purpose through an established panel network of hospitals.
This article is issued in the general public interest and is for educational purposes only. The blogs should not be used as a substitute for competent expert advice from a licensed professional to best suit your needs. Insurance is a subject matter of solicitation. For more details on policy terms, conditions, exclusions, limitations, please refer/read policy brochure before concluding sale.