Max Bupa is a standalone health insurance company offering a range of health insurance plans for its customers. The plans offered by the company have unique and comprehensive coverage benefits. The company has an in-house claim settlement process and settles maximum of its claims within 30 minutes itself. Max Bupa Health Companion is a popular health insurance plan offered by Max Bupa. Let’s understand the plan in details –
Overview of Max Bupa Health Companion
Max Bupa Health Companion plan is an indemnity health plan that covers the expenses incurred when you are hospitalised. The plan offers high levels of the sum insured and a comprehensive scope of coverage, both inbuilt and optional so that you can customize your coverage as per your needs. The plan allows you to buy the coverage only for yourself or on a floater basis for your entire family. The plan also offers a Family First variant under which you can avail coverage for up to 19 relationships under one plan.
Salient features of Max Bupa Health Companion
Here are some of the salient features and benefits of Max Bupa Health Companion plan –
- The plan comes in four different variants. Each variant has a different sum insured level
- If you do not make any claim in a policy year, the sum insured is increased by 20%. This increase is on a cumulative basis for each successive claim-free year up to a maximum of 100%
- You can avail coverage up to INR 1 crore
- No sub-limits are applicable on room rents. You can avail a single private AC room for your treatments
- The plan offers you the choice of sharing in the claims in the form of deductibles or opting to take treatments only in tiered network hospitals. Both these options would earn you premium discounts
- You can avail free health check-ups every year under all the variants of the plan except the first variant with a sum insured of up to INR 4 lakhs. In the first variant, free health check-ups are allowed every 2 years
Max Bupa Health Companion Review – Inclusions
Here are the coverage benefits that you would get when you choose to buy Max Bupa Health Companion plan –
If you are hospitalised for 24 hours or more, the medical costs incurred onboarding, treatments, doctor’s fees, etc. would be covered. Coverage would be offered up to the sum insured without any sub-limits
Expenses incurred before you are actually hospitalised for treatments would be covered for up to 30 days up to the sum insured
Expenses incurred on recovery after your discharge would be covered for up to 60 days up to the limit of the sum insured
Treatments wherein hospitalisation for 24 hours is not required are called daycare treatments. Such treatments are covered by Max Bupa Health Companion up to the sum insured
Organ donor transplant
Costs incurred on inpatient hospitalisation of a live donor for harvesting his/her organ would be covered up to the sum insured
The cost of arranging for an ambulance would be covered up to INR 3000
The sum insured is reinstated back to its original amount if it gets used up in a policy year on an earlier claim
Vaccination for animal bite
Coverage is allowed for the cost incurred on vaccinations following an animal bite. The coverage ranges from INR 2500 to INR 7500 depending on the plan variant selected
AYUSH treatments are covered by the plan up to the sum insured
Hospitalisation at home because of unavoidable circumstances is covered under the plan up to the sum insured
Max Bupa Health Companion also covers modern and robotic treatments up to the sum insured. However, for some robotic treatments, coverage is allowed up to a limit of INR 1 lakh
Besides these inbuilt coverage benefits, Max Bupa Health Companion plan also offers an optional coverage benefit called the Hospital Cash Benefit. This benefit pays a fixed amount of daily allowance if you are hospitalised for 24 hours or more and your hospitalisation exceeds 48 hours. The daily allowance benefit ranges from INR 1000 to INR 4000 per day depending on the plan variant that you have selected.
Max Bupa Health Companion Review – Exclusions
Despite having a comprehensive scope of coverage, Max Bupa Health Companion has policy exclusions wherein the coverage is not available. These exclusions are as follows –
- Pre-existing illnesses are excluded from coverage in the first 48 months under the first plan variant and 36 months under other variants
- Specific illnesses and treatments are excluded from coverage in the first 24 months of the plan
- There is a 30-day waiting period from the policy purchase date for illnesses
- The policy permanently excludes the following –
- Investigative and evaluation costs
- Respite care and rehabilitation
- Weight control treatments
- Cosmetic treatments
- Gender change treatments
- Participation in hazardous activities or sports
- Self-inflicted injuries
- Acts of criminal nature
- Unproven treatments
- Fertility treatments
- Maternity treatments
- HIV/AIDS and other sexually transmitted diseases
- OPD treatments
- Treatments due to war, civil unrest, nuclear perils and the like
Benefits of Max Bupa Health Companion
Here are the benefits of buying Max Bupa Health Companion plan –
How to buy Max Bupa Health Companion?
You can buy Max Bupa Health Companion plan online on the company’s website. Just click on the link here. and provide your details to get a quick quote. Then pay the premium online and buy the policy directly from the company.
You can also choose to buy Max Bupa Health Companion from Turtlemint. Turtlemint’s online platform allows you to compare the leading health insurance plans and then buy the best policy. To buy the plan from Turtlemint, here are some simple steps that you need to take –
- Visit https://www.turtlemint.com/health-insurance/ and click on ‘Buy new policy’
- Provide the details required by Turtlemint’s calculator so that you can find the available plans, recommended coverage level and the premium rates of different policies
- Also, leave your contact information so that Turtlemint’s executives can get in touch with you and help you make the right purchase
- Compare the plans shown on Turtlemint’s platform on the basis of their coverage and premium rates and pick the best plan
- Pay the premium online and the policy would be issued instantly
Documents required for buying Max Bupa Health Companion
To buy Max Bupa Health Companion plan you would have to submit the following documents to the company –
- A valid identity proof
- A valid age proof
- A valid address proof
- Recent coloured photographs
- Pre-entrance health check-up reports if such reports are needed
- Proposal form of the policy filled and signed
However, if you buy the plan online, through Turtlemint or through the website itself, you might not have to submit any document as the process is simple.
How to renew Max Bupa Health Companion?
To renew your Max Bupa Health Companion policy you can visit the online website of the company and renew the plan instantly. Click on Transaction Maxbupa and enter your policy number and date of birth. Click on ‘Submit’ and the amount of renewal premium would be shown. Pay the renewal premium online and the policy would be instantly renewed.
If you bought the policy from Turtlemint, you can log into your online Turtlemint account and renew the policy therein. Just select the policy to check the renewal premium and pay the premium online for instant renewals. Turtlemint also allows you to compare other health insurance plans when renewing so that you can port to another policy if you find better benefits.
How to make a claim in Max Bupa Health Companion?
Claims under your Max Bupa Health Companion plan can be made through cashless or through reimbursement. The claim process for both is as follows –
For reimbursement claims
- For cashless claims
- Inform Max Bupa of your claim immediately
- Locate the networked hospital from the website of the company and get admitted in such hospital for cashless claims
- Show your Max Bupa health card or the policy number of your policy along with a valid ID proof so that the hospital admits you for cashless treatments
- Once you are admitted, the networked hospital would send a pre-authorization claim form to the insurance company based on which your cashless claim would be approved
- Max Bupa would settle your claims with the hospital directly
- After you are discharged from the hospital, start your claim process by informing Max Bupa
- Scan and upload the claim document, a valid identity and address proof and the details of your bank account
- Submit all medical bills and reports, in original, to the company for verification of your claim
- Once the claim is verified, Max Bupa would reimburse you for the medical costs incurred
You can also take Turtlemint’s help for claim settlements. Just inform Turtlemint of your claim and Tiurtlemint’s claim team would follow the claim process to ensure that your claim is settled with minimal hassles. To use Turtlemint’s assistance, call 1800 266 0101 or send an email to email@example.com and Turtlemint would connect with you to handle your claims.
Max Bupa Health Companion Review
Max Bupa Health Companion is a comprehensive health insurance plan which allows high sum insured levels for optimal coverage. The plan offers a wide range of inbuilt coverage benefits and also allows you to enhance your coverage by optional add-ons. The premiums are affordable and there are discounts too to reduce your premium outgo. Lastly, you can cover even your extended family members if you choose the Family First variant. The plan, therefore, is an all-in-one health plan for your whole family which provides good coverage at affordable premiums.