Medical emergencies can be a cause of worry, but if you have the protection of a health insurance scheme, you can overcome the challenges of such emergencies as well as their expenses. Everything can be managed perfectly if the future planning is good. While after the pandemic, more and more people are opening up to health insurance plans, there are still many sections of society that find affording treatments difficult. For such people, the government regularly launches health care schemes. Mukhyamantri Chiranjeevi Swasthya Bima Yojana is one such scheme that has been launched in Rajasthan.
As a step to help the people of Rajasthan, the Chiranjeevi health insurance scheme was launched by the Rajasthan Chief Minister, Shri Ashok Gehlot, in 2021. More than 12 lakh people have benefited from this scheme so far. People have received medical treatment from any government/ private hospital without having to pay the expenses.
Highly acclaimed, the Mukhyamantri Chiranjeevi Swasthya Bima Yojana is a universal health insurance scheme that extends equal benefits to all. Since Chiranjeevi Bima Yojana has been working for the welfare of the people, therefore, the government has increased the limit of annual medical coverage from INR 5 Lakh to INR 10 Lakh for a family with an additional accident coverage of INR 5 Lakh.
You don’t need to think about paying the insurance premium for buying Chiranjeevi Yojana as this scheme is funded by the Rajasthan government only. The families, apart from beneficiaries, have to pay only a nominal premium of INR 850 annually to receive free treatment in the network hospitals (government/private). In this way, you will not get the burden of medical expenses on your head as you will be able to settle the claim of up to INR 5 Lakh under the Chiranjeevi Yojana.
Read on to get complete information about Chiranjeevi Swasthya Bima Yojana, its eligibility criteria, benefits, features, how to apply for it and how to avail of its monetary benefits.
Eligibility criteria of CM Chiranjeevi health insurance
The eligibility criteria for the Mukhyamantri Chiranjeevi Swasthya Bima Yojana is as follows-
- The main criteria to be eligible for the Chiranjeevi bima yojana is that one should be a permanent resident of Rajasthan
- Individuals who are in BPL (Below Poverty Line) category are only eligible for this health insurance scheme.
- Jan Adhaar card holders, contractual and marginal farmers, National Food Security Act card holders, Samvida workers, and families that are mentioned in the COVID-19 ex-gratia list can apply for this program.
In order to apply for Chiranjeevi Yojana, applicants are also required to submit mandatory documents such as Adhaar Card, Income and Address Proof, photographs (passport-size), Ration card, BPL certificate and their mobile number.
Benefits of Chiranjeevi Swasthya Bima Yojana
If you are eligible to get the benefits of Chiranjeevi Yojana, you should register for this scheme without any delay. Check out the benefits that the Mukhyamantri Chiranjeevi Yojana extends to its beneficiaries.
- Cashless treatment is provided to the beneficiaries and their dependent families in the government as well as private hospitals in Rajasthan.
- This scheme covers almost 1576 medical treatments and expenses to benefit the vulnerable sections of society.
- Medical coverage for critical diseases is also provided.
- After getting discharged from the hospital, the medical expenses of 15 days are covered under the scheme. Furthermore, the medical expenses of 5 days before hospitalisation are also settled.
- The beneficiaries receive health insurance of INR 10 Lakh. If they want this scheme for their family members, they have to pay the insurance premium of only INR 850 per family annually.
Features of CM Chiranjeevi health insurance scheme
To know more about the Chiranjeevi Bima Yojana, take a look at the following pointers that are discussed below:
- If you are the beneficiary of Ayushman Bharat Mahatma Gandhi Rajasthan Swasthya Bima Yojana, you can register yourself for this scheme also
- For people who fall in the categories below the poverty line, SECC and NFSA can take advantage of the scheme of cashless treatment.
- Small farmers and contractual workers are also covered under this scheme
- The insurance premium for this scheme is paid by the Rajasthan government
- Families apart from the beneficiaries get insured under this scheme by paying the amount of INR 850 per year
- This scheme also covers the treatment of major illnesses such as Covid 19 as well as hemodialysis. In this way, this scheme is a good relief for people with modest incomes.
Things you must consider while applying for the Chiranjeevi Bima Yojana:
- You will receive coverage up to INR 10 Lakh health cover through this scheme
- Accidental coverage of up to INR 5 Lakh is provided
- Families that intend to apply for this program just need to make a payment of only INR 850 to enjoy the benefits.
How to register for the CM Chiranjeevi health insurance scheme?
Rajasthan residents can apply for the Chiranjeevi Bima Bojana to get health insurance coverage for up to INR 10 Lakh and medical treatment at government hospitals. In order to register for this scheme, follow the steps mentioned below-
- Go to the www.sso.rajasthan.gov.in website and register
- Fill out the registration form and submit it. Once you submit the form, you will receive your login credentials
- With your username & password, you’ll be able to get information from the website anytime
- Using your login credentials, go to the dashboard option and click on the application form, fill it out and submit it
- Before you submit the form, it is advised that you keep a copy with you.
Once you register for Chiranjeevi Yojana, you will be issued the Chiranjeevi yojana card.
How to apply for CM Chiranjeevi health insurance online?
In order to apply for CM Chiranjeevi’s health insurance scheme online, follow the steps mentioned below-
- Step 1: Firstly, using your username and password, log in to your account. Suppose you forgot your password; in that case, retrieve it.
- Step 2: Add the mandatory details.
- Step 3: Open the dashboard and select the health insurance scheme application form.
- Step 4: Fill out the form and enter all the required details such as your name, date of birth, email, mobile number etc.
- Step 5: Provide all the mandatory documents and submit the form. Documents that will be required in order to apply for the program
- Adhaar card
- Jan Adhaar card number or Jan Adhaar card registration slip
- Bhamashah card
- Step 6: Take a printout or screenshot once you submit the form.
To sum up, Chiranjeevi Bima Yojana is one of the best health insurance schemes that extend financial aid to the economically weaker section of society when they need medical treatment and hospitalisation. They don’t need to spend anything to get the treatment. If you have not registered till now, then register today under this scheme. Make use of this government scheme to build a foundation for a good future for yourself and your family. The money that will be saved can be invested anywhere else. Hence, plan a safe and secure future with this health insurance scheme.
This is issued in the general public interest and is for educational purposes only. The article should not be used as a substitute for competent expert advice from a licensed professional to best suit your needs. Insurance is a subject matter of solicitation. For more details on policy terms, conditions, exclusions, limitations, please refer/read policy brochure before concluding sale.
No, you don’t have to pay the monthly insurance premium under this scheme. If you are applying for your family, you should pay only INR 850 annually.
You can register for an Aadhar Card via the E-Mitra scheme. Then, you can apply for the Chiranjeevi Yojana also on the basis of receipt of the registration of the AADHAR Card.
Yes, those people who have already got a health insurance scheme from any private insurance company can register for this health insurance scheme also.
You will get a scheme certificate from the e-Mitra centre.
No, you will get cashless treatment up to INR 5 Lakh under this scheme.