Nissan Motors India is the Indian subsidiary of Nissan Motors Company, Japan headquartered in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. It was incorporated in the year 2005 as a wholly-owned subsidiary of Nissan Motors Company, Japan. The company’s line of business includes manufacturing and assembling passenger automobiles. Nissan entered the Indian automobile market in 2004 with the launch of Nissan SUV X-Trail which is one of the most popular vehicles in its class. Nissan, with its global alliance partner Renault, signed a memorandum of understanding with the government of Tamil Nadu in order to set up a manufacturing plant near Chennai. The company offers exciting and innovative products across MUV, SUV, hatchbacks, and sedan segments in India. Nissan is the world’s largest manufacturer of electric cars. The company caters to the needs of luxury car buyers in the country. As of 2020 Nissan has over 210 dealerships spread across 119 cities in India.
Top Nissan Models in India
Currently, Nissan offers two car models in India. One is a power-packed SUV while the other is a sports car. Here is a look into both the models –
Name of the Model
Nissan Kick has been launched with a new turbocharged petrol engine. It is offered with two BS6 engines mated to a 5- speed manual gearbox. It has position lamps and LED headlamps makes it look modern. Its strengths include its premium interiors, strong presence, and comfortable ride experience. Nissan Kicks is equipped with stand out features such as 360-degree camera monitor, idle start- stop feature, four airbags, rain-sensing wipers, AC with rear AC vents, cabin pre-cool functions and remote engine start.
Nissan GT-R is a high-performance sports car. It packs a V6 twin-turbocharged petrol engine. The engine is mated to 6-speed dual-clutch transmission. In terms of feature- it is loaded with 20- inch alloys, six airbags, tan or ivory leather seats, customisable touchscreen infotainment, rear-view camera, Bose audio system with 11 speakers, multi- functioning steering wheel and more. It offers jaw dropping performance with 570Ps, V6 engine which propels the car from 0-1000kmph in 3 seconds and is one of the best handling cars.
Nissan car insurance plans
Whether you buy a SUV or a sports car from the luxury brand, you need a valid car insurance policy on it. Car insurance has been made mandatory by the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988 and as per the requirements of the Act, every car in India should have a valid insurance policy attached to it. So, if you want to drive your Nissan car, opt for the car insurance policy for a secured trip.
Types of Nissan Car insurance plans
There are two types of car insurance plans which are available for your Nissan car. The first type is the mandatory insurance need as per the Motor Vehicles Act while the second type is optional and more inclusive in terms of coverage. Here’s a look into the two types of Nissan car insurance plans available –
- Third party liability car insurance policy
This policy covers any third party liability that you suffer if your car causes third party physical injury, death or property damage.
- Comprehensive car insurance policy
This policy provides an all-inclusive scope of coverage to your car. It covers the mandatory third party liability that you might suffer in case of third party bodily injury, death or property damage. Moreover, if any damages are suffered by your car itself, the policy would cover such damages and compensate you for the financial loss suffered.
Inclusions in Nissan car insurance
The damages which are covered under your Nissan car insurance policy include the following –
- Third party physical or bodily injury
- Third party death
- Personal accident cover for the owner/driver of the car covering accidental death and disablement
- Third party property damage
- Damages due to natural disasters like lightning, earthquake, flood, hurricane, cyclone, storm, landslide, etc.
- Damages due to man-made disasters like fire, theft, strike, riots, explosion, malicious acts, etc.
- Damages when the car is being transported
The first four instances of coverage are offered under third party plans while comprehensive plans cover all the above-mentioned damages.
Exclusions in Nissan car insurance
There are some instances of claims when your Nissan car insurance policy would not cover the financial loss suffered. These instances are called policy exclusions. Some of the most common exclusions in Nissan car insurance plans are as follows –
- Consequential loss
- Depreciation and normal wear and tear of the car
- Damages when the usage limitations of the car are violated
- Damages when the car is driven without a valid driving license
- Damages when the car is driven outside India
- Damages when the car is driven under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs
- Damages when the car is driven with an intent to self-harm or suffer an accident
- Damages when the car is used in criminal activities
Types of add-on covers available in Nissan car insurance
If you choose a comprehensive Nissan car insurance plan, you get a choice of add-on covers which can be added to the base policy. These add-on covers help in enhancing the coverage available under the plan and provide value-added benefits. Every add-on comes at an additional premium and you can choose as many add-ons as you want. Some of the popular add-ons which are offered by comprehensive Nissan car insurance plans include the following –
Name of the add-on
You get a no claim bonus (NCB) on not making any claims in a policy year. This bonus can accumulate up to 50% if claims in subsequent years are not made. However, a single claim makes the entire NCB zero. To protect the NCB from becoming zero this add-on can be taken. If chosen, the add-on keeps the NCB intact even if you make a claim in your policy
In case of a claim, the insurance company deducts the depreciation charges from the value of the parts repaired or replaced. Since you are charged the full cost of the parts, the depreciation is to be paid by you which can amount to a considerable value. Zero depreciation add-on prevents the deduction for depreciation and makes the insurance company pay the full cost of the parts repaired or replaced
If your car breaks down in the middle of nowhere, the roadside assistance add-on comes in handy. Under this add-on, the insurance company provides you with complete assistance in case of breakdowns so that you don’t suffer any problems
If the car engine gets damaged due to water-logging, such damages are not covered under the car insurance plan. However, if you choose this add-on you get covered for engine damage due to water-logging
Return to invoice
If the car is stolen or damaged beyond repairs, the insurance company would pay you the invoice value of the car as claim if you choose this add-on
Personal accident cover for passengers
If this add-on is selected, the passengers of the car would be covered against accidental death and disablements suffered if they are involved in an accident when riding in the car
Under this add-on, the cost of consumables, which is usually excluded from coverage, would be covered
Premium of Nissan car insurance
The premium of Nissan car insurance plans depends on the type of policy, the car model and other factors. Third party premiums are fixed by the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) and they are fixed across all insurers. Comprehensive policy premiums, however, are calculated by insurers depending on their pricing policies. The premium of the most popular Nissan car models has been estimated below for a comprehensive policy –
Name of the Model
INR 25,309- INR 51,548
INR 1,92,495- INR 6,02,032
Discounts in Nissan car insurance
The premiums of a comprehensive Nissan car insurance policy can be lowered by applying the different types of discounts which are available. Some of the common discounts which you can use include the following –
- Discount for choosing a voluntary deductible and bearing a part of the claim
- Discount for installing safety devices in your car which reduce the probability of claims
- Discount for being a member of a recognized automobile association
- Discount for buying the policy online
- No claim bonus discount which is available on renewal if no claims have been made in the last year/years
How to apply for Nissan car insurance through Turtlemint?
Nissan car insurance plans are available online on Turtlemint’s platform. Turtlemint is an online website which is partnered with leading car insurance providers. This allows you to compare the best car insurance plans for your Nissan car and choose the one which fits your coverage needs at the best premium rates. To buy Nissan insurance online through Turtlemint, all you need to do is follow the below-mentioned simple steps –
- Visit https://www.turtlemint.com/car-insurance/ and enter in your car number
- Alternatively, you can also select your registration location and proceed if you do not have a registration number yet
- Thereafter you would be asked to provide the make, model, fuel variant of your car and the manufacturing year
- Your contact details would be needed so that the premium quotes can be saved for future reference
- Once you enter in all the details, you would be shown the premium quotes of some of the leading car insurance plans
- Compare the quotes based on their coverage benefits and premiums and then choose the best one suiting your needs
- Once you have shortlisted the plan, click on ‘Buy’ and provide all the required details
- Pay the premium online, through Turtlemint, to buy the policy online in an instant
Turtlemint’s buying process is simple and you get the policy document in your mail instantly.
How to renew Nissan car insurance?
Renewal of your Nissan car insurance can also be done online in a few minutes. If you want to renew with your existing insurance company, you can visit the insurer’s website, enter in your policy details, pay the renewal premium online and the policy would be renewed instantly.
If, however, you want to switch insurance companies at the time of renewal, you can visit https://www.turtlemint.com/car-insurance/ , enter in your registration number, car details and details of your existing policy and check out the leading car insurance plans in the market. You can, then, compare and buy the best policy through Turtlemint and you can switch to a new plan on renewal.
If you have bought the policy through Turtlemint and you want to continue with the same insurance company, you can simply log into your Turtlemint account and renew the plan therein by paying the renewal premium.
How to make a claim in Nissan car insurance?
There is a specific claim process which you should follow when you suffer a claim in your Nissan car insurance plan. This process is as follows –
- In case of a claim, the first thing which you should do is inform the insurance company immediately. This allows the company to register your claim and begin the claim process
- If your own car has been damaged, the insurance company would provide you with the details of the nearest preferred garage. Repairs at a preferred garage are done on a cashless basis
- You should take your car to the specified garage where the surveyor of the insurance company visits to inspect the extent of damages
- The surveyor prepares a claim report and submits it to the insurance company. The company then approves the claim based on the report
- Once the claim is approved, the garage begins repairs on the car
- Once the repairs are done, the bills are settled by the insurance company and you can take the delivery of your car
- If you take your car to a non-networked garage, repairs would not be done on a cashless basis. In that case you would have to bear the repair expenses which would later be reimbursed by the insurance company when you submit the bills and file for a claim
- In case of theft of your car, a police FIR is mandatory. Thereafter, the police would try and locate your car. If they are unable to do so, they would issue a non-traceable certificate which would have to be submitted to the insurer for claim settlement
- In case of third party claims, a police FIR is mandatory. The claim would be transferred to the motor accidents tribunal where the compensation amount would be fixed. Once the compensation amount has been determined, the insurance company would pay the third party directly and the claim would be settled
You can also take the help of Turtlemint for the settlement of your Nissan car insurance claims. Turtlemint has a dedicated claim settlement department which follows the claim process on your behalf and allows you a quick claim settlement. Moreover, the expertise of the claim team comes in handy in case of any disputes. To make a claim through Turtlemint, just call their toll-free number 1800 266 0101 or send them an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Turtlemint’s team would then get in touch with you and help you with your Nissan insurance claims.
Documents required for Nissan car insurance claims
For your Nissan insurance claim to get settled easily, you need to submit relevant documents to the insurance company. These documents include the following –
- Claim form which should be filled in with all the details and signed by the policyholder
- Policy bond
- RC book of the car
- PUC certificate
- Driving license of the person driving the car at the time of claim
- Police FIR for theft and third party claims
- All repair bills in original
- Identity proof of the policyholder
- Any other document as needed by the insurance company
Whatever Nissan car that you buy as per your preference, make sure to insure the car under a valid car insurance plan. This would help you avoid legal complications and also give you financial security in case of accidents and other emergencies involving your car.