You would always be curious to know the status for any application which you have applied for. And to know that you will have to know exactly where to see the status. The same goes for when you have applied for your driving license or renewal of the existing one and eagerly waiting to get a fresh driving license. However, you are not sure how you will be able to find out the status. So here we will take you through the process by which you will be able to view the status of your driving license application. We all know that a driving licence is a certified document that authorizes you as a holder of the same, to drive many motor vehicles for example car, motorbike, bus, truck etc on public roads and highways .. A driving licence is compulsory in India by any person driving a vehicle on a public road or any highway and the same has been well-defined in the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988 and no one is allowed to drive a motor vehicle in a public place without a valid Driving licence. Like you by now that driving license in India can be applied offline as well as online, you can know the status of the driving license application in the same way. Let’s find out how.
Procedure to obtain Online Driving Licence
First, let us see the process to have a driving license through the online application. Applying for an online driving licence in India is an extremely easy process with a few steps. You need to go to the official name https://sarathi.parivahan.gov.in/ of the Road Transport & Highways Ministry. You will have to choose the option “New Driving Licence” from “Sarathi Services,”. After this, you will be redirected to a new web page, which will show all the required fields where the details need to be filled in. You can just download the form and fill in properly.
There are 5 easy stages which you can follow for online driving licence application
- Online Registration
- Filling up the form
- Submission of the form
- Appear for the Learner’s License Test
- Fix the test and appear for the test
- Obtain the license
Procedure to obtain Offline Driving Licence
Other than online applications, you can also follow the process to apply for an offline Driving licence in India is also hassle-free and simple. Underneath are the steps are given as to in what way you can apply for a Driving licence in RTO
- You will have to obtain a Form 4 – This is the application form for motor vehicle driving licence in India
- You need to fill-up the form properly with necessary documents like your age proof and address proof and need to submit at the RTO in the respective jurisdiction
- You will be allotted a particular date and time and you need to appear accordingly
- After passing the test, the driving licence will be handed over to you there itself or may be sent to your registered address
Now,it’s the time that you might be interested to know and check the driving license number status online Mentioning below some situations where you may want to check the status of your driving license:
- After you clear the driving license test for obtaining a permanent driving license
- After you have applied for driving license renewal
- After you have applied for duplicate driving license
- After you have applied for international driving license
You can follow a few very simple steps to know the online driving licence check status and this will be useful for you to know as to how long the driving license will take to come. it also helps to check the validity of the driving license and know by when the driving license is due for renewal
- You will have to go the official site https://parivahan.gov/
- You will have to select your respective state and continue
- After you select, the page will be automatically forwarded to the main page where several options can be seen
- You will find an option on the left side under the category of “Driving Licence” where you need to increase the choices below the “Apply Online” button
- You will have to then tap on the button of “Application Status”
- You will be asked to give the Application Number with your birth date press the option “Submit”
- Post submission, you will be able to see the position of your driving licence application
There is another way also through which you can see the online driving licence check status and you need to follow the below steps:
- You will have to go to the official Sarathi website of the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways to find the online driving licence check status
- You will see an option on the left side under the category of “Status of Licence” under “National Register Driving License Queries”
- After choosing the “Status of Licence” option, you will be required to enter your date of birth, Driving License number and the respective state and then go to the “Submit” button
- You will be in a position to view and check Indian driving licence number status
There are a few vital points for you to note which are:
- The RTO department dispatches the driving licence approximately post 2 weeks from clearance of the driving license exam. Hence, you need to check the Indian driving licence number accordingly. Usually, the time period for getting the driving license is 1 month. Although, Indian Government including all RTOs are continuously inventing different ways to expedite the entire process through expert knowledge and technical know-how and allows us to know the status of the online driving licence check. In case you are not at home, someone else can collect the same with proper identity proof on your behalf.
- Another important point is before putting an application for a permanent driving licence, you must hold a Learner’s Licence or LL. Learning License is issued to individuals who want to learn how to drive a vehicle and is only valid for a 30 days period after which, the learning license holder can place an application for a permanent driving license. The prerequisite for permanent driving license application is that you as a candidate have to clear an online driving license exam at the RTO department. Without a Learner’s License, you will be disallowed to apply for a Driving License and hence having a Learner’s License is a must for you
Now let’s talk in short about how you will check the application for your renewed driving license which is also very easy. When you apply for the renewal of the driving license, the expired license is taken back and a fresh renewed driving license is being given to you on the very same day. But in the case for any valid reason, the mentioned process cannot be followed, then you may check the renewal status of the driving license online by following the similar process for online driving licence checkstatus as mentioned above.
You will have to fill the number stated on the application form in the driving license in the case to check the renewal status of the driving license. You are needed to renew your driving license after 20 years of getting your permanent driving license, or when you are 50 years of age.
Another aspect of checking the status of the driving license application form is you might be interested to know the status of your international driving license as well and must be wondering how to go about it. Well, you can easily check the status online for the International driving license in the same way as mentioned above You will have to follow the same process when you are applying for a duplicate driving license in case the existing one is lost, stolen or damaged.
List of vehicles to know the online licence check status
Now that you are clear on the process of checking the online licence check status, you can check Indian driving licence number status for all categories of motor vehicles that need a Driving License to drive. These are listed below:
- Two-wheeler vehicles which are non-geared
- Two-wheelers which are in geared class
- Four-wheeler vehicles for both automatic and with gear
- All types of commercial vehicles
- All types of transport vehicles
Status of Registration of Vehicles
After you purchase a vehicle, the first and the most important step is to register your vehicle which usually the vehicle dealer does on your behalf. We all know that Motor vehicle registration is the recordkeeping of the motor vehicle with the Indian Government. All motorised vehicles in India are given with a registration number or a number plate which supports the RTO offices to identify the owner of the vehicle easily. Certificate of Registration is legal proof that confirms that the vehicle is in your name. It is very crucial to register the vehicle like having a driving license is mandatory if you are driving.
You must know the fact that driving a motor vehicle without a valid and a proper registration number is considered to be illegal in India. The process of registration of vehicles in India is conducted by the regional transport offices in the respective states.
You will have to follow the below steps to check the status of the registration of the vehicle:
- You may visit the official website named https://vahan.nic.in/nrservices/
- You will have to give the vehicle number with the verification code
- After the above step, you will have to tap on the button of “vehicle status” to get the details
Having a vehicle is definitely a dream and getting a driving license and driving the vehicle fulfils the dream completely. Now, you need not be worried as to what happened to your driving license application status as you know how to check the status. You can go ahead and check as per the process and get the driving license and drive carefree.
Once you have your license and other necessary documents you will be ready to hit the roads with your new vehicle. But before you do that it is important to ensure your and your vehicle’s safety.
Click to the below button below to check out the most affordable car insurance available in India
Secure Your Vehicle with Tutlemint’s Comprehensive & 3rd Party Car Insurance Plans
A driving license is issued via the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways, approved through many RTOs all over the country. The RTAs or the RTOs only responsible for issuance, renewal, and any essential changes in your driving license.
No. You need not pay any fees for this activity.
Yes, you will be allowed to save and take a print as well.
You can apply online or offline for your duplicate driving license along with the below documents:
- Application Form 2 which is basically for getting a new license as well as renewal
- Your learner’s license
- You need to pay the fee INR 360 and if it’s a smart card then INR 140.
The grace period would be 30 days from the expiry date of the driving license.