In order to have better transparency and governing system, the Government of India has issued several types of documents which help in establishing the identity proof of an Indian citizen. One such document issued by the Government is the Aadhaar card. From the time it was introduced, the Aadhaar card has become a one-stop solution that can be used for authentication about the identity of an individual and many other uses in our every day lives.
What is an Aadhaar Card?
Aadhaar is a 12-digit unique ID issued by the UIDAI to any person residing in India. Regardless of the aspects of age and gender, any person may enrol themselves to get an Aadhaar number. These are the random digits that are issued and will also help the government to offer appropriate benefits to the citizens, thereby making sure that the right people will get the right benefit. Aadhaar needs two important data points, first is the demographic details of the individual who is applying and the other is the biometric data like your fingerprints and iris scan during the enrolment process. Getting Aadhaar is a one-time exercise and will remain operative for the whole life.
Rationale and importance of Idea aadhaar link
Aadhaar has become a very important way to authenticate your identity. It is a unique way of warehousing vital data in a certified warehouse of the country. During your Aadhaar enrolment, you need to furnish a valid contact number and the email id that belongs to you. These will be recorded as your contact details in your aadhaar card. It is of utmost importance that you provide a valid and the right mobile number for you to availing the subsidies or benefits provided by the government, perform financial transactions, etc. So, it is highly suggested to have your mobile number recorded in your Aadhaar records and add or update your mobile number as and when needed. Remember, as all messages pertaining your Aadhaar and other important communications will be sent to your registered mobile number and furthermore it is important for you to complete the KYC authentication procedure, allowable by the banks and insurance companies.
The distinctiveness of your Aadhaar card lies in the fact, that it is much more than only serving as an important proof of identity, but Aadhaar is also used in various types of services like getting government subsidies, investment, bank account opening, LPG gas connection, and many more. linking your Aadhaar number with all your financial instruments, important papers as well as your mobile number has been suggested strongly by the government to prevent frauds and false identities and also to perform all transactions efficiently. With the increasing fraud and illegal use of mobile connections, linking mobile phones with aadhaar will help the government to eradicate the false users thereby controlling and taking preventive and corrective actions in the future.
It is in this line of acceptance of the above logic, Vodafone Idea Limited, a foremost telecom service provider, has come up with an easy process of Idea aadhaar link, by which the Vodafone Idea mobile holders will be in a position to link their mobiles with their Aadhaar number. Initially, linking Aadhaar with your mobile number was made essential as per the Government order, however, presently it’s not compulsory.
What is the Idea aadhaar link process?
Now that you have understood what is the importance of Idea aadhaar link, let us see what is Idea aadhaar link. Well, it is a way in which you with an active Vodafone Idea cell number can link your details with your Aadhaar Card. Hence, by doing the Idea aadhaar link, all your details will get stored in a central database owned by the government. Vodafone Idea is evolving new infrastructure to introduce innovative and smarter know-how, making the retail clienteles future-ready with their advanced offerings, suitably accessible by way of an ecosystem of digital networks with a widespread presence.
Vodafone Idea gives you few ways to do an Idea aadhaar link. Here, we will take you through the Idea aadhaar link process and understand various methods.
How to link aadhaar with Idea mobile number?
Idea aadhaar link can be completed in 3 different ways. Here are the below steps mentioned for your ease for each of these methods:
- Idea aadhaar linkvia OTP: You can use aadhaar OTP-based verification facility only if you have already registered your mobile number with your Aadhaar. If you have more than one idea mobile numbers and your main mobile number is not linked with your Aadhaar, you need to visit any nearest idea store to get the same confirmed. The steps under this method are as follows:
Step 1: Dial a toll-free number 14546 from your idea mobile phone
Step 2: Press 1 for being resident of India and re-verify your Aadhar
Step 3: Then enter your 12-digit Aadhaar card number
Step 4: Press 1 to confirm your Aadhar number
Step 5: Next step is to enter your mobile number registered with your Aadhaar to get an OTP
Step 6: Allow Idea mobile to access your name, date of birth and photo from the UIDAI database
Step 7: IVR will say the last 4 digits of your idea cell number
Step 8: Enter the OTP which you have received
Step 9: Press 1 and complete the process of re-verification
- Idea aadhaar linkvia Offline: If you are an existing idea mobile number holder, you can follow the steps to do Idea aadhaar link
Step 1: Visit your nearest Idea store
Step 2: Submit a self-attested copy of your Aadhaar card along with your idea mobile number
Step 3: You will be sent a 4-digit OTP to your mobile number
Step 4: Submit the OTP to the idea officer and provide your biometrics
Step 5: Respond with a Yes or ‘Y’ to have the re-verification process complete
- Idea aadhaar linkvia IVR: You may follow the below-mentioned steps to link your Aadhaar with your idea phone number through an IVR system:
Step 1: Dial idea’s toll-free number 12345 from your idea mobile phone
Step 2:Follow the instructions in IVR and choose the option of Aadhaar verification
Step 3: Now enter your Aadhaar number two times
Step 4:Confirm your response and press “1”
Step 5:Your Aadhaar number would be linked with your idea mobile number
Step 6:You will receive a confirmation message and the same will be sent to your idea mobile number
Documents requiredfor Idea aadhaar link
Not many documents are needed to connect your Aadhaar with your Idea number. Below is the list of documents that are needed for linking:
- Aadhaar Card or 12- digit Aadhaar Number – can be a soft copy as well
- Your active Idea mobile number
- OTP PIN on your idea phone number
- Your biometric fingerprint
Fee requiredfor Idea aadhaar link
You, as an Idea subscriber, need not pay any fee to do an Idea aadhaar link
Important points to remember for Idea aadhaar link
- You need not re-verify your ideal cell number once more if you have already given your biometric during activating your idea mobile connection
- You need to re-verify your cell number again, if you have furnished your Aadhaar while taking the new connection, however, did not give any biometric verification
- You need to link your Aadhaar with all your active idea mobile connections
- The only individual mobile number will be verified, and not the corporate one
- Linking Aadhaar with your idea of a mobile number is not compulsory. The government had planned to make the same mandatory with a deadline of 31st March 2018, but the Supreme Court has extended the time limit until further notice.
Pros and Cons of Idea aadhaar link
- The purpose of Idea aadhaar link is to identify the false idea of mobile subscribers and to further strengthen the legitimacy of Aadhaar, as an important document for e-KYC
- Online verification of your ITR can be done using your Aadhaar card with the help of a one-time password or an OTP that is being generated and sent to your cell number that is linked to your Aadhaar number
- Risk of data being hacked and misused and increase in vulnerability in leaking the data
- If you have more than one idea mobile number, you need to link all of them one by one
- Not many will be able to verify their cell number via the online method in UIDAI portal
So, now that you knowhow to link aadhaar with Idea mobile number, it would be very easy for you to follow the process and to do the needful and you can guide others as well. If you have done the Idea aadhaar link, you are in no worry. But in case if you have any second opinion, the linking cannot be cancelled. If you are anxious about security and safety or if you have any other concern, you may wait to have more clarity from the apex court, that is Supreme Court till the final declaration and then do the needful.