To be recognized as an Indian Citizen, having a valid proof of identity is obligatory. Aadhaar Card is considered as one of them. Issued by the Government of India, the Aadhaar Card has become today as one of the most imperative documents to prove an identity of an individual. Above and beyond acting as an identity proof, the Aadhaar card can also be treated as address proof of the person. The card may be used for opening a bank account, for availing benefits from government subsidies, for applying for a loan and many such activities that are connected with us in our daily lives. Amongst the diverse documents issued by the Government of India for identification purposes, demand for Aadhaar Card stands strong and it is increasing day by day.
What is an Aadhaar Card?
Aadhaar is a 12-digit unique ID issued by the UIDAI an individual residing in India, no matter what the age and gender are. Any person may enrol themselves to get an Aadhaar number and this includes children and infants as well. Aadhaar number is a combination of random digits and therefore is distinct thereby helping the government to offer suitable benefits to the citizens. Aadhaar captures two important data facts, first being the demographics of an individual who is applying and the other is biometrics like your fingerprints, iris scan, and photographs while the process of enrolment. Receiving Aadhaar is a one-time exercise and will remain operative for the whole life.
Rationale and importance of Aircel aadhaar link
The uniqueness of your Aadhaar card lies in the fact, that it is not just an important identity card or a number, but is also used in various types of services like making an investment, bank account opening, LPG gas connection, and many more. The government has strategically made PAN Aadhaar linking important while filing your ITR return, which is intended to identify the tax evaders and therefore move towards the growth of a transparent governance and monitoring system in the economy. Likewise, linking your Aadhaar number with mobile numbers, financial instruments, important documents is another step towards achieving a healthy economy by preventing frauds and fake identities. With the snowballing of frauds, duplications and illegal use of cell connections, linking your mobile phones with aadhaar will benefit the government to destroy the false users.
Aircel, a leading advanced mobile service provider has come together with this thought of Government and has implemented a convenient procedure of Aircel aadhaar link, by which the Aircel mobile account holders can link their mobiles with their Aadhaar card. Originally, linking Aadhaar with your mobile number was made indispensable as per the Government directive, however, currently, it’s not obligatory.
What is the Aircel aadhaar link process?
Now that we are clear about the aspect of the importance of the Aircel aadhaar link, let us see what exactly is Aircel aadhaar link. Well, it is a way in which you with an active Aircel mobile number may link your Aadhaar Card. By doing the Aircel aadhaar link, your details will get stored in a central certified database. Aircel has placed itself as a data-driven telecom leader with an emphasis on the young Indians and has constantly added new features of multi-functionality in your mobile phone in several new ways. Aircel is known for streamlining GPRS into Aircel Pocket Internet, one of its first kind to introduce in India.
Aircel provides you with few ways to do an Aircel aadhaar link. We will take you through the Aircel aadhaar link process and see the various methods.
How to link aadhaar with Aircel mobile number?
Aircel aadhaar link can be completed in 3 different ways. Here are the below steps mentioned for your ease for each of these methods:
- Aircel aadhaar linkvia OTP: You can use aadhaar OTP-based verification if you have already registered your Aircel mobile number with your Aadhaar. If you have more than one Aircel mobile number and your key mobile number is not linked with your Aadhaar, you need to visit any nearest Aircel store to get it done. The steps for this are as follows:
Step 1: Visit the portal of Aircel Aadhaar linking and enter your user name and password
Step 2: Enter your active Aircel number that wants to link
Step 3: You will get an OTP from UIDAI for the confirmation
Step 4: Enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number
Step 5: After the above step you may visit any nearest office with a photocopy of your Aadhaar
Step 6: Submit the documents and then you need to wait for your e-KYC validation
Step7: You will receive a confirmation message about the linking status, once it’s done
- Aircel aadhaar linkvia Offline: If you are an existing Aircel mobile number holder, you can follow the steps to do Aircel aadhaar link
Step 1: Visit your nearest Aircel store
Step 2: Submit a self-attested photocopy of your Aadhaar with your Aircel mobile number
Step 3: A 4-digit OTP will be sent to your mobile number
Step 4: Submit the OTP to the respective Aircel officer and give your biometrics
Step 5: Respond with a Yes or ‘Y’ to complete the process of the re-verification
- Aircel aadhaar linkvia IVR: You may follow the below-mentioned steps to link your Aadhaar with your Aircel phone number through an IVR system:
Step 1: Dial Aircel’s toll-free number from your Aircel mobile phone
Step 2: Carefully follow the instructions in IVR and choose the correct option of Aadhaar verification
Step 3: Enter your Aadhaar number and confirm the same
Step 4:Your Aircel number will be verified with your Aadhaar records
Step 5:You will receive a message confirming the status and it will be sent to your Aircel mobile number
Documents requiredfor Aircel aadhaar link
Not too many documents are required to connect your Aadhaar with your Aircel number. Below is a short list of documents required needed for Aircel aadhaar link:
- Your Aadhaar Card or 12- digit Aadhaar Number – a soft copy will also be accepted
- Your active Aircel mobile number
- Biometric fingerprint as applicable
Fee requiredfor Aircel aadhaar link
You, as an Aircel member, do not have to pay any fee to do an Aircel aadhaar link
Important points to remember for Aircel aadhaar link
- Linking Aadhaar with your Aircel mobile number is not obligatory. The government had planned to make the same compulsory with a deadline of 31st March 2018, but the Supreme Court has extended the time until further notice.
- You need to link your Aadhaar with all your active Aircel mobile connections
Pros and Cons of Aircel aadhaar link
- The purpose of Aircel aadhaar link is to categorize the fake Aircel mobile subscribers and to remove them from the list completely
- Online authentication of your ITR can be done easily using your Aadhaar card with a one-time password or an OTP, being generated and sent to your Aircel mobile number that is linked to your Aadhaar number
- The danger of data being hacked and altered
- Increased chance in leaking the data
- If you have more than one Aircel mobile number, you need to link all separately
- Poor people will not be able to do the linking as they do not have the necessary knowledge, neither the infrastructure to do the same
So, now that you knowhow to link aadhaar with Aircel mobile number, it will be convenient for you to follow the process and to do the same and you can guide others as well. If you have done the Aircel aadhaar link, you need not worry. But if in case if you are still thinking about the security aspect, you may wait for more updates from Supreme Court till any final decision is taken about mobile phone and aadhaar linking.