UCO Bank is a Government-owned bank which was formed in the year 1943. Ever since its inception, the bank has been offering to arrange banking facilities to its customers. The bank caters to the needs of both retail and corporate customers by offering them facilities of deposits, loans, etc.
Aadhaar card is a unique identification card issued by the Government of India to every Indian citizen who enrols for the card. The card contains a 12-digit unique number which helps in identifying an individual. The card acts as a proof of identity and prevents individuals from holding fake accounts in their names. If you link your bank account with your Aadhaar card, you can do banking transactions easily and also get grants, subsidies, etc. credited to your account directly.
UCO Bank also allows its customers to link their bank accounts with their Aadhaar cards. The bank has various modes through which the customer can opt for UCO Bank Aadhaar link. These ways include both the online mode of linking Aadhaar card with a bank account and also the offline mode. Let’s see what these ways are and understand the process of UCO Bank Aadhaar link through each of these ways –
Ways to link UCO Bank account with Aadhaar card
- Internet banking
With the advancement of internet, every kind of work can be done online from anywhere and at any time. UCO Bank also offers internet banking facilities to its customers. You can use this facility to carry out banking transactions and also to do UCO Bank Aadhaar link. The process of linking Aadhaar card with your bank account through internet banking facility is as follows –
- Use your user ID and password and log into your internet banking account
- On your dashboard, go to ‘Request’ and then choose ‘Linking of Aadhaar Number’
- A new page would open wherein you would have to enter in your 12-digit Aadhaar card number
- Once the number is entered, click on the box to accept the terms and conditions of linking your bank account with your Aadhaar number
- Click ‘Submit’
- Your request for Aadhaar linking would be accepted and you would be shown an acknowledgement of your UCO Bank Aadhaar link on the screen
- You can, then, log out of your internet banking account
UCO Bank also allows its customers who do not have internet access to link their UCO Bank accounts with their Aadhaar card through an SMS. SMS can be sent from a normal feature phone or Smartphone and Aadhaar linking would be done. To do UCO Bank Aadhaar link through SMS, you would have to send an SMS to the number 9231008888. The format of the SMS should be as follows –
UCOAADHAAR<12 DIGIT AADHAAR NO><14 DIGIT AC_NO>
‘AC_NO’ means your account number.
Once the SMS is sent you would get another SMS on the same number acknowledging your request for Aadhaar linking with your bank account. Then the bank would verify your Aadhaar number and account number and do the UCO Bank Aadhaar link. Once your Aadhaar number is linked with your bank account, you would get a confirmation message on the same number from which you sent the SMS for linking your bank account.
UCO Bank’s ATMs are also equipped to offer you the facility of linking your bank account with your Aadhaar card number. To link your bank account with Aadhaar number you should visit the ATM of the bank. The process of linking is mentioned below –
- Swipe your ATM or debit card at the ATM machine and provide your PIN number to proceed with UCO Bank Aadhaar link
- Once your PIN is verified, a new page opens which contains multiple options
- Choose ‘Other Services’ and then choose ‘Aadhaar Seeding’
- Another page would open wherein you would have to enter in your 12-digit Aadhaar card number
- Once you have entered the number, accept the terms and conditions of the lining
- Then, click ‘Submit’ to complete the process of linking
- Once you submit your linking request, an acknowledgement slip would be printed by the ATM and issued. This slip would contain the acknowledgement of your request for UCO Bank Aadhaar link
- Once the bank links your account with your Aadhaar card, you would get a confirmation message or mail in your phone or email
- OPT based e-KYC
If you don’t have a user ID and password for internet banking, you can also link your Aadhaar card online with your UCO Bank account by generating an OTP. The process of UCO Bank Aadhaar link through OTP based e – KYC is as follows –
- Visit the e-KYC link which is https://ekyc.ucoonline.in/UcoOtpService/
- On the home page, enter in your account number, Aadhaar card number and registered mobile number
- Click on ‘Submit’
- An OTP would be generated and sent to your mobile number which is registered with the bank
- You need to enter the OTP in the next page which opens after you click ‘Submit’
- Once the OTP is verified, your bank account would be linked to your Aadhaar card.
- You would also get a message showing the linking request and the conformation of the linking
- Through the branches of the bank
You can walk into the nearest branch of UCO Bank and do the UCO Bank Aadhaar link offline at the branch. The process is as follows –
- Visit the branch and get the Aadhaar Seeding form which is available at all the branches of the bank
- Fill up the form stating your details, bank account number and Aadhaar card number
- Attach a self-attested copy of your Aadhaar card with the form and submit the form with the bank
- The bank’s executive would ask you to show your original Aadhaar card for verification. Show the card to complete the linking request
- Once you submit the linking form, the bank would verify and process the form and link your bank account number with your Aadhaar card
- Once the account is linked, you would get a confirmation message on your registered contact details
With so many options of linking your bank account with Aadhaar, you can choose any suitable option and link your UCO Bank’s account with your Aadhaar number easily. So, do the UCO Bank Aadhaar link at the earliest using any preferred means.
If you have entered incorrect account details, your Aadhaar linking would not be processed by the bank. In such cases, you can re-submit the Aadhaar seeding form at the branch of the bank mentioning the correct account number and request for linking of your account with Aadhaar.
Yes, you can use your number to do UCO Bank Aadhaar link through SMS. However, you need to mention the account number and Aadhaar card number of your wife to link her account with Aadhaar.
No, to link your UCO Bank account with Aadhaar through ATM you need to use the ATM of UCO Bank only.