What is an Aadhar Card?
Aadhar is a unique identification number allotted to individuals who enrol for availing an Aadhar card. The Government of India launched the concept of Aadhar to introduce one card which would contain all the demographic and biometric details of an individual. When you apply for an Aadhar card you have to provide your name, age, address, date of birth, name of spouse or parent, fingerprints, iris scan and photograph. These details are, then, recorded on the Aadhar card and the card serves as an authentication tool for identity proof, address proof or age proof.
Linking of Aadhar Card
The Government also promoted the linking of the Aadhar card with different financial tools and transactions which individuals had to create a centralised database containing all the details of an individual and his financial portfolio. One such concept was linking Aadhar to life insurance policies. Life insurance policyholders were directed to link their existing and new life insurance policies with their Aadhar card numbers. Though the linking is not mandatory, policyholders are advised to do it for ease of servicing life insurance policies.
Linking of Aadhar Card to Life Insurance Policies
When it comes to life insurance policies, SBI Life’s insurance plans are quite popular. SBI Life offers a range of different types of life insurance policies and each policy promises unique benefits for policyholders. The premiums are also low so that policyholders can easily afford their life insurance coverage and fulfil their financial goals with SBI’s life insurance policies. If you too own a life insurance policy offered by SBI Life Insurance Company, you can choose to link your policies to your Aadhar card number. This would help in easy authentication in case you want to avail policy-related services with regards to your SBI life insurance policy.
Why link SBI policy to Aadhaar?
Linking of SBI life insurance policies with Aadhaar is not mandatory. However, you should link your policy with your Aadhaar card number for the following reasons –
- Prevent Fraud:
Linking of your SBI life insurance policy with Aadhaar is recommended for authenticity reasons. The Aadhaar number is a unique number which is allotted to an individual. When the number is linked with your insurance policy the insurance company can verify your authenticity. This eliminates the possibility of insurance frauds
- Direct Credit:
You would be able to get a direct credit of your insurance proceeds directly to your bank account easily when your policy is linked to your Aadhaar
- Other Services:
Other policy-related services can also be done easily online when the policy is linked with Aadhaar
In some cases, you can easily buy a new policy online simply by providing the details of your Aadhaar card.
How to do SBI Life Aadhar link?
You can link your SBI life insurance policy to your Aadhar card through various different ways. SBI Life Insurance Company has made the SBI Life Insurance Aadhar link process easier and simpler so that its policyholders can do the linking without any hassles. Given below are the different ways to do SBI Life Aadhar link –
- SBI Life Aadhar link through the online mode
Thanks to the popularity of the internet, the online medium has become the easiest way to carry out financial transactions. SBI Life Aadhar link can also be done online through the website of SBI Life Insurance Company. The process of linking online is as follows –
- Visit SBI Life’s official website www.sbilife.co.in
- On the website, under the ‘Services’ tab, you would find the option for SBI Life Aadhar link
- Choose the option and proceed to fill in your details. The details required would include your policy number, date of birth, Aadhar card number and registered mobile number
- Provide these details and generate an OTP. The OTP would be sent to your registered mobile number.
- Provide the OTP received on your mobile phone and your SBI Life Aadhar link process would be completed. You would get a message showing that the linking process has been successful
- SBI Life Aadhar link through ‘My Account’
If you have registered yourself as a customer with SBI Life Insurance Company, then you can do the SBI Life insurance Aadhar link through your SBI Life’s online account. The process is as follows –
- Visit www.sbilife.co.in and click on ‘Login’ at the right-hand top-most corner. On the ‘Login’ tab, choose ‘Customer’
- Log into your online SBI Life Insurance Account by providing your login name, password and captcha code displayed therein.
- If you are a new user and haven’t registered yourself with SBI Life, you can do so by choosing ‘New User’ on the login page. To register you would have to provide your SBI life insurance policy number, Customer ID, email ID and date of birth. All these details are mandatory to register yourself with SBI Life Insurance Company. Submit your details and create your login name and password to create your own online account
- After you log into your account using your credentials, you would find the option of SBI Life Aadhar link. Choose the option and proceed to provide the details required for linking your SBI life insurance policy. These details might include your policy number, date of birth, Aadhar number, etc.
- Once the details are entered, proceed to generate an OTP
- The OTP would be sent to your registered mobile number. Fill in the OTP to verify the details that you have entered
- Once the details are verified, your Aadhar Card would be linked to your SBI life insurance policy.
- SBI Life Aadhar link through the offline mode
If you do not wish to link your SBI life insurance policy to your Aadhar Card through the available online modes, the offline mode for SBI Life Aadhar link is also available. You can choose to link your policy by visiting the branches of SBI Life Insurance Company. The process is as follows –
- Locate the nearest branch of SBI Life Insurance Company. To do so, visit the website of the company www.sbilife.co.in and choose ‘Contact Us’
- On the next page, enter in your State and your city
- You would, then, be shown the list of SBI Life’s branches in your city and their respective addresses
- Choose the most convenient branch and visit the branch for SBI Life Aadhar link
- At the branch, avail the form for SBI Life Aadhar linking
- Fill up the form providing all the necessary details
- Submit the form with a copy of your Aadhar card and PAN Card to link your Aadhar with your SBI life insurance policy
- SBI Life Insurance Company would, then, verify your details and link your Aadhar with your insurance policy
- Once the linking is done you would get a message from the company stating the same.
Documents required for SBI Life Aadhar link
If you are linking your SBI life insurance policy through any of the above-mentioned online modes, no documents would be required to be submitted to the insurance company for linking the policy. You would just have to enter the required details online and the linking would be done. You should, however, keep your policy document, Aadhar Card and PAN Card handy to furnish their details when asked at the time of online linking.
For the offline process of SBI Life Aadhar link wherein you visit the branches of the company to complete the linking process, you would need a copy of your Aadhar card and PAN card. These documents would have to be submitted along with the Aadhar update form to the branch. After verification of these documents would your policy be linked with your Aadhar card.
If you have any problems when doing SBI Life Aadhar link either online or offline, you can also get in touch with the company’s customer care department with your queries. To get in touch with the customer care department, you have three options which are as follows –
- Toll-free number:
You can call the toll-free number of the company which is 1800 267 9090 and speak to the company’s customer care executive. This number is accessible between 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. every day, seven days a week
You can send an email to the company’s customer care department at firstname.lastname@example.org stating your query. The company’s customer care department would then revert to your query with the resolution
You can send an SMS to the company by typing CELEBRATE. The SMS should be sent to the number 56161. The company’s executive would, then, get in touch with you and resolve your queries
- Request Call-back
Things to keep in mind when doing SBI Life Aadhaar link
When you are linking your SBI life insurance policy with your Aadhaar card, you should keep in mind the following things –
- Keep your Aadhaar card and PAN Card handy because the numbers of both these cards would be required at the time of linking. When the cards are handy you can provide the correct numbers easily so that the policy is linked instantly and without any hassles
- If you don’t have a PAN Card, you can submit Form 60 with the form for linking Aadhaar to SBI life insurance policy
- Make sure that your mobile number is linked to your Aadhaar because the OTP to complete the linking would be sent to your registered mobile number and if the number is not registered the linking would not be done.
For multiple policies, you just need to do the linking process once. Just mention the number of all SBI life insurance policies that you own and all the policies would be linked to your Aadhaar automatically.
Linking of your SBI life insurance policy with Aadhar is, therefore, a simple process. Moreover, SBI Life Insurance Company also provides you with complete assistance if you have any queries with the linking process so that you can do the SBI Life Aadhar link easily.
Your mobile number should be registered in your SBI life insurance policy and your Aadhar card. If your number is not registered in the policy, you should, first, get the number registered before you do the SBI Life Aadhar link. Registration of the mobile number can be done online through the ‘Services’ option on the website of the company www.sbilife.co.in. Once the number is registered, you can proceed to do the SBI Life Aadhar link.
No charges are levied by SBI Life Insurance Company for SBI Life Aadhar link and the process is completely free of cost.
The customer ID of your life insurance policy would be available on your policy document. This ID is provided by the insurance company to each of its customers for their identification.
Yes, a lapsed SBI life insurance policy can also be linked to your Aadhaar card. You need to follow the same steps which you should take if the policy is in force and the policy would be linked.
Your linking might have failed if you provided an incorrect Aadhaar number or policy number. Alternatively, the linking might still be under process at the end of the company. So, you should contact SBI Life Insurance’s customer care department to find out why the linking is not done. If the linking failed due to any errors, try and link your policy with Aadhaar again ensuring that all the right information is provided.