formed, Punjab National Bank has been providing various banking services to individuals and corporates. Even today, the bank has a large base of customers having different types of accounts in the bank. Accountholders of the bank are encouraged to link their bank accounts with their Aadhaar cards.
Aadhaar card is an important identification document which contains a unique 12-digit number allotted to every cardholder. This number helps to differentiate between different individuals. For the purpose of preventing money laundering activities, the Government proposed Aadhaar linking with individual bank accounts so that the chances of duplicity can be avoided. However, the linking is not mandatory. However, linking your PNB bank account with Aadhaar is advised for ease in banking activities. If you do PNB Aadhaar link and link your bank account with your Aadhaar number, operating the account would become easier. You would be able to open other accounts without any documents. Moreover, Government-related contributions like pensions from Atal Pension Yojana, LPG subsidy, etc. can be credited to your account directly if it is linked with your Aadhaar card. So, if you have a PNB Bank account, you should opt for PNB Aadhaar link for a better banking experience.
To enable customers to do PNB Aadhaar link easily, Punjab National Bank has allowed various linking modes. You can, therefore, opt for any of the available modes and complete the linking process. Let’s understand what these modes are –
How to link Aadhaar with PNB bank account?
The modes and the respective steps of how to link Aadhaar with PNB bank account are mentioned below –
- Offline through the branch
The offline mode of doing PNB Aadhaar link is the traditional mode wherein you can visit the bank branch and apply for linking your account with your Aadhaar card. The process for branch linking is as follows –
- Avail the Aadhaar Seeding form which is available at the branch of the bank
- Fill up the form stating your account number and Aadhaar card number clearly
- Submit the seeding form to the bank’s executive along with a self-attested copy of your Aadhaar card for verification.
- You also need to present the original Aadhaar card at the time of submission of the form so that the bank can verify that the correct details have been entered in the form
- Once the form is submitted, the bank would process it and link your bank account with your Aadhaar number. Once linked, you would get a confirmation message from the bank informing you about the linking
- Online through internet banking
If you are a registered user of the bank’s internet banking facility, you can do PNB Aadhaar link from your internet banking account as well. The process is as follows –
- Log into your online internet banking account using your user ID and password
- On your account, choose ‘Other Services’ and then click on ‘Aadhaar Registration’
- If you have multiple accounts in PNB bank, choose the account which you need to link with your Aadhaar
- Once you choose the bank account, enter in your 12-digit Aadhaar card number
- Click on the ‘Authorize’ box to allow the bank to verify your Aadhaar details and complete the linking process.
- Then click on ‘Continue’
- Check whether the bank account number and Aadhaar number that you entered is correct and then click on ‘Submit’
- The linking would be done and you would get a message showing the same.
- Online through OTP based seeding
PNB also allows customers an OTP based Aadhaar linking process. For this process, you don’t have to log into the internet banking account but link your account using the bank’s official website. The process is as follows –
- Visit https://www.pnbindia.com/ and click on ‘Update Aadhaar’
- A new page opens which shows the need for Aadhaar seeding. On that page, click on ‘Click Here for OTP Based Aadhaar Seeding’
- You would be taken to a new page wherein you need to enter in your 16-digit PNB bank account number and click on ‘Continue’
- You would get an OTP on your registered mobile number which you should enter in the page to verify your bank account number. Captcha code is also displayed which should also be entered to complete the verification process
- Once the account is verified, your account details would be shown on the page. Validate your details by clicking on the ‘Validate’ tab
- Then choose ‘Proceed for Aadhaar Verification’
- You would have to enter in your 12-digit Aadhaar card number after which you need to click on ‘Continue’
- Another OTP would be sent to the mobile number registered in your Aadhaar card database. Enter in the OTP for verifying your Aadhaar number
- Once the OTP is entered and verified, a pop-up message would be shown wherein the bank would ask your permission to get your Aadhaar details from UIDAI
- If you click on ‘OK’ in the pop-up message, you are authorizing the bank to collect your Aadhaar details. Your details would then be shown on the page and the linking would be done.
- Through the bank’s ATM
The ATMs of PNB are also equipped to allow you to do PNB Aadhaar link easily. The process is as follows –
- Insert your debit card, enter in your PIN and log into your account in the ATM
- Then choose ‘Other Services’ after which a new window would open showing the services available
- Among the available services, choose ‘Aadhaar Registration’
- Enter in your 12-digit Aadhaar card number and click on ‘Proceed’
- The Aadhaar number would have to be re-entered to eliminate any typo error
- Thereafter you would have to choose the account which you want to link with your Aadhaar card. It can be your savings account, current account or a credit account
- Once the account is selected, you would get a message stating that your linking request has been received by the bank and the linking would be completed within the next 48 hours.
- Through an SMS
You can also send a text message at the bank’s SMS banking number to do PNB Aadhaar link. The message should be in a particular format and should be sent to the number 5607040. You would also get revert message from the bank showing that your linking request has been accepted and the linking would be done at the earliest.
Thus, these are the ways on how to link Aadhaar with PNB bank account. You can choose any way which you find convenient and place a request for PNB Aadhaar link. If your bank account and Aadhaar card details are entered correctly, the linking would be done at the earliest.
If your mobile number is not registered in the Aadhaar database, you can link your Aadhaar card with your bank account by visiting the branch, through SMS facility, through bank’s ATM or internet banking facility. OTP based seeding facility would not be allowed.
Yes, you can link your wife’s bank account to her Aadhaar number using your phone number. The OTP would be sent to your number which you need to enter if you are doing OTP based Aadhaar seeding. However, the account number and the Aadhaar card number should be of your wife.
It is recommended that you should apply for PNB Aadhaar link using one mode at once. Using multiple modes might result in a delay in the linking process.