Kotak Mahindra is a private sector banking entity which offers varied and efficient banking solutions to its customers. The bank offers a savings account, current account, loans, fixed deposits, NRI services, etc. Aadhaar Card, on the other hand, is a proof of identity of an individual. The card is issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) and it contains a 12-digit number. This number is unique and is different for each Aadhaar cardholder. Using this unique identification number, individuals can be identified and the possibility of fraud decreases.
Linking of Aadhaar card to your Kotak Mahindra Bank account was earlier made mandatory as per the Government’s order. However, the Supreme Court of India overruled this order and made Aadhaar linking voluntary. Currently, if you have a bank account with Kotak Mahindra Bank, you don’t have to link your Aadhaar card with the account. However, if you link Aadhaar to Kotak bank account, you can do banking easily, with fewer documents. Moreover, if you are eligible for government subsidies or grants, the same can be directly credited to your savings account if the account is linked with your Aadhaar card. So, you should link Aadhaar to Kotak Bank account for seamless online transactions.
If you are wondering how to link Aadhaar with Kotak bank account, there are various modes offered by the bank. Kotak Mahindra allows you to do Kotak Aadhaar link through multiple ways so that you can choose the way which is the most suitable for you. The various ways of doing Kotak Bank Aadhaar linking are as follows –
How to link Aadhaar with Kotak Bank Account?
- Through net banking
Kotak Mahindra Bank is a new-age bank which allows its customers the facility of online banking solutions. You can register yourself for the bank’s net banking facility and create your own net banking account with which you can do banking transactions. You can also link Aadhaar to Kotak Bank account through the bank’s net banking facility. The process is as follows –.
- Visit the bank’s official website at https://www.kotak.com/en.html and log into your online net banking account
- You need to enter in your CRN or customer ID to log into your account followed by your net banking password
- Once you have logged in, go to the ‘Quick Links’ tab and choose ‘Banking’
- Then choose ‘Profile Update’ option and under that choose ‘Update your Aadhaar’
- Enter in your 12-digit Aadhaar number and submit it.
- The bank would then link your Aadhaar number to your bank account and you would get a confirmation within a week.
- Through the bank’s website
If you are not registered for the bank’s net banking facility or if you want to link Aadhaar to Kotak Bank account without logging into your account, you can do the linking online through the bank’s website itself. The process is as follows –
- Go to the Aadhaar seeding page on the bank’s website using the link https://www.kotak.com/srforms/content/forms/af/kotakforms/aadhaarupdate.html
- When the page opens, enter in your mobile number registered with the bank and your date of birth or your CRN
- Then click on ‘Send OTP’
- The OTP would be sent to your registered mobile number which you should enter in the OTP section
- A new page would open once the OTP is verified. On the page, enter in your bank account number and Aadhaar number.
- Click on ‘Submit’ and you would get a confirmation message on your registered mobile number.
- The bank would then link your bank account with your Aadhaar number and send you a confirmation message for the same.
- Through the bank’s branch
You can also link your bank account with your Aadhaar card offline by visiting the nearest branch of the bank. The process to do so is as follows –
- Visit the branch and get the Aadhaar Seeding form available therein
- Fill up the form stating all the necessary details including your bank account number which you want to link and your Aadhaar card number
- Submit the form with the bank’s executives along with a self-attested copy of your Aadhaar card
- Your original Aadhaar card would also be needed for verification purposes
- Once the documents are duly submitted, the bank would verify the details and link your Aadhaar with your bank account. The confirmation for the same would be sent to you through an SMS or an email.
- Through mobile banking
Kotak Mahindra has launched a mobile banking application which you can download on your Smartphone to do banking transactions using your phone. If you have the application and you are registered on it, you can also link Aadhaar to Kotak Bank account through it. The process to do the linking is as follows –
- Open the application and log into your mobile banking account
- Choose the ‘Profile’ option and then click on ‘Aadhaar Update’
- You would have to enter in your 12-digit Aadhaar card number twice to eliminate the possibility of a typing error
- Once the number is entered, click on ‘Submit’
- The linking of your Aadhaar card with your bank account would be instantaneous and the confirmation would be sent through an SMS.
- Through SMS
You can also link Aadhaar to Kotak Bank account by sending an SMS to the bank in a specified format. Linking of Aadhaar through SMS is allowed only if your mobile number is registered with the bank and the SMS is being sent from your registered number. The process of linking bank account with Aadhaar through SMS is as follows –
- Type a message to link Aadhaar and send the message to the number 5676788
- The linking would be done instantly if your bank account details and Aadhaar number are correctly entered
- Once the linking is successful, you would get an email confirming the same
Thus, Kotak Mahindra Bank allows you all possible modes of linking your bank account to your Aadhaar card. For making banking a hassle-free and smoother process, do the Aadhaar linking at the earliest and enjoy stress-free banking.
Aadhaar seeding is allowed only for saving bank accounts.
You would be able to link Aadhaar to Kotak Bank account only if the details in your bank account match the details in your Aadhaar card like your name, date of birth, etc. If there is any mismatch in these details, linking would not be successful. So, if your linking has not been successful, check whether the details entered were correct or not. Sometimes the linking might take some time and you should check with the bank if the linking is in process or you need to repeat the linking process again due to some error.
Linking of a bank account with Aadhaar is not necessary. However, if the linking is done, banking becomes easier. So, if your child has an Aadhaar card in his name, it is better if you link it with his savings account. The process is simple, quick and even free of cost.
The bank strongly advises against using multiple modes of placing an Aadhaar linking request at the same time. If you have placed a request using any one mode, you should wait for a few days to get the linking done. If, however, the linking has failed, then you can use any other mode to place a linking request.