ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Company is a leading private sector life insurance company in India. The company has been around for more than a decade and offers a range of life insurance policies for its customers. Given the coverage benefit offered, range of plans and the competitive premium rates, many individuals have an ICICI life insurance policy to their name. In a bid to prevent money laundering acts, the Government passed a rule for life insurance policyholders to link their life insurance policies to their Aadhar cards. This would create a centralised record of the financial transactions of individuals and help in limiting the flow of black money. So, if you have an ICICI life insurance policy, you should link it to your Aadhar card. Though the linking is not mandatory, it is advisable to do so.
If you want to link your ICICI Prudential life insurance policy through Aadhar, you can do so through some simple steps. These steps are as follows –
ICICI Prudential Aadhar Link – Offline process
You can link your ICICI Prudential policy with Aadhar offline by visiting the nearest branch of the company. ICICI Prudential has a wide network of branches in India and ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Aadhar link can be done through any of the company’s branches. The process is as follows –
- Locate and visit the nearest ICICI Prudential branch and avail a form for linking your Aadhar card
- Fill up the form stating the necessary details required in the form. These details include the following –
- Name of the policyholder
- Date of birth
- Policy number. You can enter multiple policy numbers in the same form if you hold more than one policy
- Aadhaar card number, etc.
- Sign the form and submit it to the executive of the company
- A self-attested copy of your Aadhar Card would also be required to be submitted for verification purposes
- Once the form is submitted, ICICI Prudential would verify your details and link your policy with your Aadhar Card
ICICI Prudential Aadhar Link – Online Process
ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Company also allows you to link your Aadhar card with your life insurance policy online through the website of the company. You can, therefore, link your policy online from the comfort of your home or office without having to visit the branch of the company. To link your Aadhar online, the process is as follows –
- Visit https://www.iciciprulife.com/services/update-your-aadhaar.html#0 which helps you link your Aadhar with your ICICI Prudential life insurance policy
- Provide your policy number, registered mobile number or your email ID and your date of birth
- When you submit the required details enter ‘Proceed’
- An OTP would be generated and sent to your registered mobile number. Provide the OTP to proceed further
- Thereafter, on the new page, click on the ‘Aadhar’ tab and then choose ‘Edit’
- You would, then, have to provide your Aadhar Card number
- Once the number is provided, click ‘Verify’
- You would again get an OTP on your registered mobile number. You should fill this OTP and verify it
- Once the OTP is verified, the Aadhar card would be linked to your ICICI Prudential life insurance policy.
Documents required for ICICI Prudential Aadhar Link
When you are linking your Aadhar number online with your ICICI Prudential life insurance policy, usually, no documents are required. You just need to have the registered mobile number at your disposal on which the OTP would be sent. If the mobile number is registered with Aadhar, the linking process would be completed within the shortest possible time.
If, however, you are linking your Aadhar offline by visiting the branch of ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Company, you would have to submit a copy of your Aadhar Card which should be self-attested by you. The copy of the Aadhar and the linking form would the two documents which would be required for linking of Aadhar with ICICI Prudential life insurance.
ICICI Prudential Aadhaar Link for lapsed policies
If your ICICI Prudential life insurance policy lapses or it is in a paid-up state you can still link your policy with Aadhar. To link your policy you can follow any of the above-mentioned processes and link your policy with Aadhaar.
ICICI Prudential Aadhaar Link for multiple policies
If you own multiple policies of ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Company you can link all policies with your Aadhaar card. You don’t have to link each insurance policy with Aadhar individually. When linking online you can select all insurance policies and then link them by providing your Aadhar card number once. Even when you link offline, provide the numbers of all the policies in the linking form and submit the form once. All the policies would be linked subsequently with a single linking form.
Things to keep in mind when linking Aadhaar with ICICI Prudential policies
When you link your ICICI Prudential with your Aadhaar card the following things should be kept in mind –
- When providing your Aadhaar card details, make sure that your Aadhaar number is correct so that the linking is done without any hassles
- The name in your insurance policy and Aadhar card should match.
- When providing the policy numbers of your policy, provide the right numbers
- Remember your ICICI Prudential’s user ID and password so that you can log into your account and link your policies to Aadhaar card easily
- If you face any problems when linking Aadhaar card with ICICI Prudential policy you can contact the company’s customer care department for proper resolutions.
If you are a policyholder of ICICI Prudential’s life insurance policy, you should try and link your policy with your Aadhar card. The process is simple and does not take time.
There are no charges for linking your insurance policy to your Aadhar card. The service is provided free of cost by the insurance company.
Yes, it is better to link all your ICICI Prudential life insurance policies to your Aadhar Card.
If your mobile number is not registered with Aadhar, linking would not be possible. In that case, you would first have to link your mobile number to your Aadhar card and then go about linking the life insurance policy.
You can always contact your Aadhar Card Centre, UIDAI, i.e. the Unique Identification Authority of India, at any point in time. You can contact at their Toll-Free Customer Care Number 1947 which works 365 days, 24 hours. However, in order to update your Aadhar Number in your ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Policy, you would be required to contact your insurance company for the same. The Aadhar Centre will not be able to help you to update your Aadhar Number in your ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Policy.
You can contact the Aadhar Centre for any grievance or complaint in your Aadhar Card but details in your Life Insurance Policy must only be updated in the office of the insurer only.
Ideally, you should link the Aadhaar card of both your wife and yourself to the insurance policy. However, as the policyholder, your Aadhaar card should be linked to the policy.