Bank of Baroda is a public sector bank which has a good reputation in the banking industry. It offers banking solutions for the general public, NRIs, rural people as well as for corporates. The bank also offers different modes of banking to customers whether it is offline, online or through SMS. You can, therefore, avail a choice of banking services through any of the modes offered by the bank. Aadhaar linking is one such activity which can be done using the different modes of banking offered by Bank of Baroda.
Aadhaar linking is a process of linking your bank account with your Aadhaar number. Your Aadhaar number is a unique 12-digit number which identifies and differentiates an individual from another. When you link your Bank of Baroda account with your Aadhaar card your account becomes authenticated. The bank can identify the account and it prevents the possibility of duplication or fraud. Moreover, if your bank account is linked with Aadhaar you can easily get Government grants and subsidies and do easy online transactions.
If you are a customer of the bank you can do BOB Aadhaar link through different modes. Let’s understand the ways in which you can do Bank of Baroda Aadhaar link –
Different ways of doing Bank of Baroda Aadhaar card link
- Linking through the branch of the bank
This is the offline way of linking your bank account with your Aadhaar number. You can visit the branch of Bank of Baroda which is near you and request for BOB Aadhaar link. The process of linking through the branch is as follows –
- At the branch of the bank, there is an Aadhaar Seeding Request Form which you need to obtain and fill up. The form is also available online and can be downloaded from the link https://www.bankofbaroda.in/writereaddata/Images/pdf/consent-form-aadhaar-%20seeding-revised.pdf. Once you download the form, you can fill it up and then take it with you to the branch of Bank of Baroda for submitting the request for BOB Aadhaar link.
- Once the form is filled stating the account number and 12-digit Aadhaar card number, you would have to submit the form at the branch
- A copy of your Aadhaar card would also be required along with the form so that the bank can check and verify the authenticity of your Aadhaar number
- You would also be required to present your original Aadhaar card to the bank’s executive for verification
- Once the completed form and copy of the Aadhaar card is submitted, the linking request would be processed by the bank.
- Your account would be linked within a few days and you would get a confirmation message for successful linking.
- Linking through the website of the bank
Bank of Baroda offers you the option of linking your Aadhaar number with your bank account online through the website of the bank itself. The process is as follows –
- Visit the website of the bank https://www.bankofbaroda.in/ and on the home page choose the option of ‘Update Aadhaar’
- A new tab would open up wherein you would be asked to provide your account number and your mobile number
- Once you enter these two details, an OTP would be sent to your mobile number which is registered in bank records
- You would have to enter in the OTP to proceed further
- Then you would have to enter in your 12-digit Aadhaar number and submit it
- Once your Aadhaar number is verified, your bank account would be linked to Aadhaar and you would get a confirmation message.
When you are linking online through the website of the bank, the following points should be kept in mind –
- Your mobile number should be registered with the bank as well as in the Aadhaar database. This would allow the OTP to be sent to your phone number for completing the verification process
- The Aadhaar number should be correctly entered for successful linking
- The verification might take a few days to be completed
3. Linking through Bank of Baroda M-Connect Plus mobile applicationBank of Baroda has developed a mobile application called M-Connect Plus. You can download the application on your Smartphone and use it to do BOB Aadhaar link. The process is as follows –
- The application can be downloaded from Google Play Store or Apple Store
- You would have to register yourself on the application by providing your account number and verifying it
- Once you are registered, you can open the application and choose ‘Aadhaar Update’
- You would have to enter in your 12-digit Aadhaar number and then submit it to link it with your bank account.
4. Linking through SMS Banking
To make banking accessible to individuals who cannot access the internet, Bank of Baroda also allows SMS Banking wherein banking requests can be sent through SMS. You can do Bank of Baroda Aadhaar card link by sending an SMS request to the bank. The SMS should be sent to the number 8422009988. The SMS format should be as follows –
UID<Space>12-digit Aadhaar card number<Space>Last 4 digits of your bank account number
For example, if your Aadhaar card number is 987456321012 and your bank account number is 000000007896541, the SMS should read as follows –
Given the different modes available for linking your Aadhaar number with your Bank of Baroda bank account, you can choose any mode and complete the linking. Once your account is linked with Aadhaar, you would be able to enjoy seamless banking services and ease of digital payments. So, choose any of the available modes and complete the process of BOB Aadhaar link at the earliest.
Yes, you can link your BOB bank account with your Aadhaar card online through the bank’s website even if the mobile numbers registered are different. However, you should have access to both the numbers so that the OTPs can be sent by the bank and by UIDAI to complete the process of Aadhaar linking.
If you have entered the wrong Aadhaar number, the linking would not be successful. You should contact the bank immediately and inform it about the error. Avail another Aadhaar Seeding form and fill it up stating the correct Aadhaar number. Then submit the form again so that the linking can be done.
Linking of a bank account with Aadhaar is not mandatory. Thus, even if your account is not linked with Aadhaar you would be able to use it for your banking needs.