Andhra Bank is a public-sector bank which offers a range of banking solutions to its customers. If you are a customer of the bank and have any type of account with the bank, you are required to link your bank account with your Aadhaar card. Andhra Bank Aadhaar link is important because it helps the bank rule out the possibility of fraudulent bank accounts. Your Aadhaar card is your identity proof which contains a 12-digit unique identification number. This number is unique for every Indian citizen and thus it helps the Government and financial institutions to identify individuals and avoid duplicity.
Thus, to avoid one individual from holding multiple bank accounts in a single name in a single bank, Aadhaar linking is helpful. When you do Andhra Bank Aadhaar link, the bank would know that you have a single account linked to your name and Aadhaar card and no fraudulent transactions would be done.
Doing the Andhra Bank Aadhaar link is quite easy. There are various ways in which you can link your Andhra Bank account with your Aadhaar card. These include the following –
1. Through internet banking
Retail customers of the bank can link their Aadhaar card to their Andhra Bank bank account through internet banking. This facility is available if they are registered for the bank’s internet banking facility. If you are registered, the steps to do Andhra Bank Aadhaar link is as follows –
- Log into your Andhra Bank’s bank account using your user ID and password
- On the home page, there would be a link called ‘Registration of Aadhaar Number in Internet banking’. You need to click on this link to proceed.
- Once you proceed, you need to enter in your 12-digit Aadhaar card number
- Then choose the account which you want to link with your Aadhaar card number
- Once you submit the details, the linking would be done. To check whether your account has been linked with Aadhaar or not, you can click on ‘Inquiry’ and check the linking status
2. Through the website of the bank
You can also seed your Aadhaar card number with your saving bank account through the website of Andhra Bank. The process is as follows –
- Visit https://support.andhrabank.in/AadhaarAuth/
- Enter in the details required which include your 12-digit Aadhaar card number or Virtual ID number, saving account number and mobile number registered with Andhra Bank
- There would be a captcha code displayed which you need to enter and then click on ‘Submit’
- There is also a declaration stating that you have no objection with Aadhaar linking and want to provide the bank with your Aadhaar details for availing services. You need to click on the declaration box too.
- If the mobile number and account number match with the records of the bank, you would get an OTP on your registered mobile number
- You would have to enter in the OTP to authenticate Andhra Bank Aadhaar link after which your bank account would be linked to your Aadhaar number
3. Through the bank’s ATMs
You can also visit the nearest ATM of Andhra Bank and link your Aadhaar card number with your bank account easily. The process is quite simple and is as follows –
- Insert your ATM card into the ATM machine and provide your PIN number to log into your account
- Under the category ‘Services’, choose ‘Aadhaar Registration’
- You would be asked to enter in your 12-digit Aadhaar card number. You need to enter the number twice for confirmation and to eliminate the possibility of a typing error
- When you submit the Aadhaar card number, Andhra Bank Aadhaar link would be done. The ATM would also issue a receipt showing the success of your Aadhaar card seeding with your bank account.
4. Through SMS
You can also send an SMS from your mobile number to the bank and link your Aadhaar card with your bank account. The facility of Andhra Bank Aadhaar link through SMS is allowed to those bank customers who are registered with Andhra Bank for receiving mobile alerts. Such customers can link their Aadhaar number with their bank accounts through an SMS. To link, a text message should be sent to 56161 with the following format –
AADHAAR <space> 15 digit Bank Account Number <space> 12 digit AADHAAR Number
Once the linking is done, the customer would receive a confirmation message on his/her mobile number which is registered with the bank stating the same.
5. Through branch visit
The last mode to do the Andhra Bank Aadhaar link is by visiting the nearest branch of the bank. You can walk into your nearest bank and request for Andhra Bank Aadhaar link. For linking your Aadhaar number with your bank account, you would have to obtain an Aadhaar linking form which would be available at the branch. Fill up the form stating your name, age, address, bank account number, mobile number, Aadhaar card number and any other information stated in the form. Submit the form with a self-attested copy of your Aadhaar card for verification. Once the Aadhaar linking form and copy of Aadhaar card are submitted, the bank would link your account with your Aadhaar number within a few days. Once your account is linked, you would get a confirmation SMS and/or email on your registered mobile number and/or your registered email ID.
Documents required for Andhra Bank Aadhaar link
If you are linking your bank account to your Aadhaar number online, you would not need any documents. However, your Aadhaar card should be kept handy so that you can check your Aadhaar number and enter it online for linking. However, for offline linking, the following documents would be required –
- A copy of your Aadhaar card which should be self-attested
- The Aadhaar seeding or linking form which is available at the bank’s branch
- Original Aadhaar Card which should be presented for verification
So, if you are a customer of Andhra bank and your account is not linked to Aadhaar, use any of the afore-mentioned ways and link your Aadhaar to your bank account. Once linked you would be able to enjoy all the services offered by the bank without any problems.
No, it is not mandatory to link your Andhra Bank’s bank account to your Aadhaar card. However, if your account is linked, you would be able to avail the services of the bank seamlessly. Moreover, if any credit or subsidy is payable to you in your bank account by the Government, the amount would be credited only if your bank account is linked with your Aadhaar card. So, Aadhaar linking is beneficial for you.
If you have opened a new account, you need to be registered with the bank for using net banking facilities. Only if your net banking ID is generated, you would be able to link Aadhaar to your bank account. So, first register for the net banking facility and then link your Aadhaar through net banking.
No, Aadhaar linking can be done through any Andhra Bank’s branches. You don’t have to do the linking only from the branch with which you maintain your account.